Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yamaha 3.99% Financeing, GE Capital or....

Hey guys I am looking to get the best rate at the dealer.

What is best way to do the financing? Online (Yamaha web form) or at dealer? I see online, Yamaha lists "Capital One" for the company when you apply online. Is that for a line of credit?
    I'm confused a bit because they say GE Capital on the 3.99% Banner and then when you click to apply is says Capital one at the bottom.

I just want a fixed loan for the unit I purchase, Should I request to go through GE Capital or?

Thanks

+1
    Ignore company names, make sure it's a reputable company and go with the lowest interest rate. There is no benefit being loyal to a 'brand' when it comes to financing. If the rate is the same go with whatever is more convenient in making payments i.e. online payments etc.

+1
    As a reference I got 1.9% on my sea doo last year from a credit union. If you have great credit the "factory" financing isn't your best option.

+1
    In May 2013 I got 2.99% through Yamaha/Capital One. It's set up more like a credit card: no fixed payment, just a minimum.

I checked my local credit union where I have had car loans in the past and the posted rate for toys is 9.5%

I was just wondering because I did hear someone say capitol one is like a credit card and it ruined their credit because it shows it to be maxed out.
    I don't have much experience with capitol one. I am just used to the dealer looking after their best interest, so I am trying to get the low down.
    I think my credit is pretty good but you never know what has come up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler durden View Post
    I checked my local credit union where I have had car loans in the past and the posted rate for toys is 9.5%

I was just wondering because I did hear someone say capitol one is like a credit card and it ruined their credit because it shows it to be maxed out.
    I don't have much experience with capitol one. I am just used to the dealer looking after their best interest, so I am trying to get the low down.

I have had a Yamaha card for many years... it did not hit my credit that much. If you are that worried ask for a higher credit than you need so you don't show maxed on your credit report. Unless you are buying a house soon I would not be worried about the effect it will have.

+1

You dont have to go with the union your with or even one in your state. Shop around with ones that have low boat loans.

+1

I'm in the middle of getting 2 Sparks and a trailer and I just got turned down yesterday by the credit union that financed my GTR at 6.25%...and I have no idea why...I even added my wife to it for $34k more in annual income and they still fucked me off.

I have good credit but my credit cards are now pretty full and had 2 new air conditioning units put in my house last Summer and that put a big $14k onto a Lowes credit card. FML. Anyways...I got approved from BRP for their credit at 7.99%. Pay to play...

+1
    Back in 06, I bought my gp1300r with Yamaha credit. It was backed by GE money bank.

In 09, I bought the FZS at boat show again with Yamaha credit(no $ down) This time it was backed by HSBC bank. It was a fixed installment loan at 6.9% for 5 years. They sent me a yamaha credit card to go with the account. It had a $15k line total (including the new ski purchase) The card could only be used at Yamaha dealers (parts & accessories) and the rate was 22.9% for any purchases. I'd never use that.

I believe capitol one bought out HSBC back in 2011-12. That is when I noticed their name on the Online payment site and mailed paper statements. If they have GE capitol now. I guess they bought out GE money bank as well and are the sole backer of Yamaha credit.

If you use Yamaha credit to make a ski purchase. Watch the fine print. Those 2.9-3.9% rates are usually for the first 2 years only of the loan. I don't know what the remaining balance % rate goes to after 2 years. To me, it's safer to have the rate a little higher(6.9%) and have it locked in for the entire length of loan, than to still owe $9-10k after 2 years and have the rate jump up 13% or more.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KamikazeGPR View Post
    Back in 06, I bought my gp1300r with Yamaha credit. It was backed by GE money bank.

In 09, I bought the FZS at boat show again with Yamaha credit(no $ down) This time it was backed by HSBC bank. It was a fixed installment loan at 6.9% for 5 years. They sent me a yamaha credit card to go with the account. It had a $15k line total (including the new ski purchase) The card could only be used at Yamaha dealers (parts & accessories) and the rate was 22.9% for any purchases. I'd never use that.

I believe capitol one bought out HSBC back in 2011-12. That is when I noticed their name on the Online payment site and mailed paper statements. If they have GE capitol now. I guess they bought out GE money bank as well and are the sole backer of Yamaha credit.

If you use Yamaha credit to make a ski purchase. Watch the fine print. Those 2.9-3.9% rates are usually for the first 2 years only of the loan. I don't know what the remaining balance % rate goes to after 2 years. To me, it's safer to have the rate a little higher(6.9%) and have it locked in for the entire length of loan, than to still owe $9-10k after 2 years and have the rate jump up 13% or more.
    You are correct it jumps up to 13.99% I believe. Thats why I canceled the loan with Yamaha and got the credit union to do mine at 2.89% on a 14.2k loan. Always go through a bank or credit union.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information