+1

2012 GTX 155 Oil Level & Other

Hi All,
    I just became the owner of a 2012 GTX 155 with 19 hours. I've read several of the posts about not over filling the oil and believe there is too much oil in the engine. Here's the scenario. I checked the oil before my test ride and it was, and still is, about 1/8" above the top mark when sitting on the trailer. I rode it for ~ 10 minutes to assure everything was working and then put it back on the trailer, paid, and towed it home.

My question is; what is level when checking the oil? I've leveled the trailer and still show the 1/8" above the top mark. I'm going to pull some oil out before riding it again and want to make sure I'm checking it correctly. The oil was changed at the end of last season and only has been run a couple of hours. It was changed at a dealership.

Is there any advantage to using full synthetic or will the semi synthetic be the same. I'm particular about my equipment and toys so want to make this last.

When I browsed and then joined this group during my search, there was a sticky somewhere about what 4 Tec owners should look for. I can't find the sticky so wonder if there is anything I should be doing before much riding. It looks new in and out.
    Thanks, Paul

+1
    The oil should be at the top of the two indents. Anywhere between the indents is considered acceptable.

1/8 inch over is nothing. just leave it be.

+1
    Thanks bluestram, I'll let it be and be sure to put the correct amount in when I change the oil & filter.
    Paul

Thread Information