+1

05 rxp oil issue

I was wondering if anyone knew the theory of the oil flow on the 4tec motors. I have a issue with the oil all ending up in the rear cover. I have no oil codes so assume that the oil pumps are working. I have the motor out and checked both oil pumps and they look fine. The only thing I noticed which I have no idea why but don't show signs of any oil in the pocket under the plastic screen in the rear cover. I have oil in the oil cooler passages and in the front oil pump passages. Can anyone help me on this?

Not sure if this applies. I had an oil pressure problem and found my oil filter was collapsed. Had a small amount of water get in the oil. This prevented it from flowing. When I pulled the oil out of the motor it had no sign of water.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    I'm completely lost on the question here... you have no oil codes, but yet you have your motor out looking for oil related issues

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    I'm completely lost on the question here... you have no oil codes, but yet you have your motor out looking for oil related issues
    The question is how is the oil suppose to flow through the motor. I will try a simplify the question and issue better. No error codes so I think it's not a sensor correct? But when you check the oil level after you run it for 5 seconds or less or even just cranking it over the dipstick shows no OIL. You can add oil and get it correct on dipstick crank over and check again no OIL on dipstick. Pull the valve cover and look in rear cover and oil level is almost to the bottom of head. This is where all my oil is going but WHY? I get 40 psi oil pressure while cranking. I pulled the motor to check for a blockage somewhere and check the oil pumps. Both pumps look good and pressure regulator also looks good.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xsmitty View Post
    You can add oil and get it correct on dipstick crank over and check again no OIL on dipstick. Pull the valve cover and look in rear cover and oil level is almost to the bottom of head. This is where all my oil is going but WHY? I get 40 psi oil pressure while cranking. I pulled the motor to check for a blockage somewhere and check the oil pumps. Both pumps look good and pressure regulator also looks good.
    Sounds like your rear pump isn't moving the oil, or the regulator is stuck open.

+1
    How many Qts of oil does it have in it?
    Is this just after an oil change, or Since the motor has been apart?

+1
    throttle all the way down and turn her over will command the oil into the sump.

Thread Information