Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VX Cruiser

+1

VX Cruiser

Whats up guys
    I have a question i would like to ask about a decision i am going to make ,i figured this would be the best place to ask .I am going to purchase a 2014 VXR for myself .My Wife likes to VX Cruiser and i also have a 14 year old son that will be riding also ,usually with us and soon a little bit on his own .
    My question is should i get another VXR instead of the VX or would it be a wise choice to just stick with the VX Cruiser mainly for the speed and the fact the the wife is not a speed junky !!

+1
    The VX will scoot along ok. But on the other hand a Matching VXRs would look sweet. You can always run her's/son's in learn mode. My wife rides a 13 FZS in learn mode, says it's easier on her throttle fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Whats up guys
    I have a question i would like to ask about a decision i am going to make ,i figured this would be the best place to ask .I am going to purchase a 2014 VXR for myself .My Wife likes to VX Cruiser and i also have a 14 year old son that will be riding also ,usually with us and soon a little bit on his own .
    My question is should i get another VXR instead of the VX or would it be a wise choice to just stick with the VX Cruiser mainly for the speed and the fact the the wife is not a speed junky !!
    My wife and I bought 2 2014 VX Cruisers just recently. We have about 10-11 hours on them... I went with them mostly due to price and that doing 50 on the water is more than enough for us.

If she isn't a sped junkie than then the VX will be fine. I hear it is a little rougher on the chop than the FX models, but I have enjoyed the ride at this point.

You can always upgrade later!!!

Tough one. My daughter (14 yr old) and I do a lot of riding together.......and I pull her and her friends on a tube, etc. I actually bought a new VX deluxe first b/c the dealer explained the VXR would be too much for her if she were riding by herself. We kept the VX for about a month......honestly, it just wasn't doing it for me.

Went back to the dealer and they actually made me a sweet deal to trade on a new VXR......couldn't be happier. For us, it is the best of both worlds as the VXR satisfies my need for higher performance and when I switch it to low rpm mode it comes very close to duplicating the performance of the standard VX and really suits my daughter's style and ability for now........and, she actually likes the VXR in low mode over her experience on the standard VX. I also prefer the setup of the 1.8L engine over the standard engine as well.

If you don't think there'll ever be a time when your wife will want to "ride on the wild side" or that your son will grow into the performance of the VXR.....then I'd get the standard VX. Otherwise, I'd go with a 2nd VXR for its versatility and duplication of maintenance, parts, etc.

+1
    Whats up guys
    Get the vxs so they dont look exact but are. Lol.

+1
    The Thing is i will have a VXR for me ,i was wondering about the second Ski.

Quote Originally Posted by hkg3k View Post
    Tough one. My daughter (14 yr old) and I do a lot of riding together.......and I pull her and her friends on a tube, etc. I actually bought a new VX deluxe first b/c the dealer explained the VXR would be too much for her if she were riding by herself. We kept the VX for about a month......honestly, it just wasn't doing it for me.

Went back to the dealer and they actually made me a sweet deal to trade on a new VXR......couldn't be happier. For us, it is the best of both worlds as the VXR satisfies my need for higher performance and when I switch it to low rpm mode it comes very close to duplicating the performance of the standard VX and really suits my daughter's style and ability for now........and, she actually likes the VXR in low mode over her experience on the standard VX. I also prefer the setup of the 1.8L engine over the standard engine as well.

If you don't think there'll ever be a time when your wife will want to "ride on the wild side" or that your son will grow into the performance of the VXR.....then I'd get the standard VX. Otherwise, I'd go with a 2nd VXR for its versatility and duplication of maintenance, parts, etc.

+1
    As far as the Wife No ,My Son ,well yea he likes to get down now .So I'm thinking VXR !!.I was unaware of the Learning mode ..Thanks for the input on the Learning mode

Quote Originally Posted by hkg3k View Post

+1
    Thanks Guys .I purchased 2 VXR's today

+1
    Awesome... congrats !!!

Thanks Guys .I purchased 2 VXR's today
    Awesome.......you will not regret your decision.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information