Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXPX intercooler

In Australia i believe the 2012 to 2013 inter-coolers have a recall. My RXPX 2013 got replaced with a brand new unit on recall at the first service. They say due to a fault in design they had corrosion issues. Seadoo have reworked them and fitted a flush system to them as well now. That`s what i`ve been told anyway. My question is , my dealer was saying the new units are as good as the after market ones for performance as well. Is this true or have they just fixed the corrosion only and not the performance? Too early for me to mod this ski but planning at this stage.

+1
    They are not as good as aftermarket.

Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Did you test one of the new ones?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    Yes. The Fizzle F1000, Riva Gen 3, and Precision intercooler (to name a few of the better aftermarket ones) all give solid gains over all OEM intercoolers (2014 included)

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    No. Plenty of people here have proved that aftermarket are better than stock.

Thanks guys for the feed back. Seadoo have a great product and works well but i think the dealers are quite protective of their product and talk it up a fair bit. They probably dont like the after market guys improving their stuff and finding some short comings in some of the gear. I know everything is made to a price so thats probably why.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveGTR View Post
    Thanks guys for the feed back. Seadoo have a great product and works well but i think the dealers are quite protective of their product and talk it up a fair bit. They probably dont like the after market guys improving their stuff and finding some short comings in some of the gear. I know everything is made to a price so thats probably why.
    The improved stock coolers are ok, if you leave your ski stock. But when combined with other upgrades, is when aftermarket coolers really shine.

I have a 2012 RXPX I purchased a few months ago. When I purchased the ski it had 26 hours of freshwater only riding. I live and ride in S. FLA, and just had Riva do a service on the ski for a few minor warranty issues. I asked about an IC "recall", to which they stated they would check the IC and that it wasn't a recall, just a service letter. Results of check were good, no leaking apparently. So, my question is, what do I do now. I'm pretty confident that riding here in S. FLA, its only a matter of time before my IC starts to leak. In my opinion though, that's too late, as high pressure salt water would now be in the intake side. I just purchased the Groco strainer setup from the sire here, and will be installing it this week. It seems that small particles of shell, etc. seem to be accelerating the leak issues on the IC's, and perhaps this strainer will help protect me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post
    I have a 2012 RXPX I purchased a few months ago. When I purchased the ski it had 26 hours of freshwater only riding. I live and ride in S. FLA, and just had Riva do a service on the ski for a few minor warranty issues. I asked about an IC "recall", to which they stated they would check the IC and that it wasn't a recall, just a service letter. Results of check were good, no leaking apparently. So, my question is, what do I do now. I'm pretty confident that riding here in S. FLA, its only a matter of time before my IC starts to leak. In my opinion though, that's too late, as high pressure salt water would now be in the intake side. I just purchased the Groco strainer setup from the sire here, and will be installing it this week. It seems that small particles of shell, etc. seem to be accelerating the leak issues on the IC's, and perhaps this strainer will help protect me. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

pay attention NOW to what your rpms r with your ski running correctly......... then & IF the minute u see a fluctuation that seems to b more then weather oriented the first thing u start to check is that cooler to keep from rusting your internals after riding and your boat sets should that b your issue when and if yours does leak......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by g550plt View Post

pay attention NOW to what your rpms r with your ski running correctly......... then & IF the minute u see a fluctuation that seems to b more then weather oriented the first thing u start to check is that cooler to keep from rusting your internals after riding and your boat sets should that b your issue when and if yours does leak......GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!
    Gotcha... I have stock tune now.. but ordered the Vtech setup from the shop here, and it will be uploaded this week with the strainer. Should I be looking at a Fizzle IC setup, or would a new, "improved" IC from BRP be ok? No further mods are.. expected.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information