+1

Sea Doo Spark Cold Air Intake

Guys, working on a boat project and need some advice from someone that has done this before. Eliminating the cold air intake box on the ace engine. Looking to go with straight air filter on the intake. In your experience is it better to have a long run of intake pipe before the filter or can I basically have the filter a few inches in front of the throttle body assembly? I have about 8-10 inches to work with in front of the throttle body before it hits a wall.

I have seen some aftermarket kits but they are far too large. Also we have direct airflow to the outside directly in front of the throttle body. Airflow is not as restricted as in the ski. Also water intrusion is not an issue.

Really looking to see if I can slap a filter on the end and call it a day or if we need to get a little more technical.

+1
    was thinking something like this if possible and route it off the right (starboard) side of the engine as we have lots of room that way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+1
    anyone have any experience with this?

+1
    also would need to know if anyone has any experience relocating the sensor that is just forward of the throttle body on this ski. Or any other ski for that matter as I am sure they are all the same.

+1
    the sensor is the mass air flow sensor try to keep it the same distance from the throttle body as the stock inlet tube. also the mass air flow is very sensitive

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwf78 View Post
    the sensor is the mass air flow sensor try to keep it the same distance from the throttle body as the stock inlet tube. also the mass air flow is very sensitive
    so are you saying that if even if you keep the sensor in the same place if the flow is too fast or too slow (restricted by filter) that it could trigger the sensor that something is wrong?

+1
    it is very sensitive to impact and contaminates. the stock throttle body will only flow so much air. the increase of a cold air intake should not effect the mass air flow. the depth and distance from the throttle body will effect velocity of the air flow more than the increase in pipe size or reduction in restriction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cwf78 View Post
    it is very sensitive to impact and contaminates. the stock throttle body will only flow so much air. the increase of a cold air intake should not effect the mass air flow. the depth and distance from the throttle body will effect velocity of the air flow more than the increase in pipe size or reduction in restriction.
    that makes sense. Thanks. So as long as I don't change the stock stuff or relocate I can make the intake any direction I want prior to that point.

Thread Information