Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Outlaws?

Outlaws?

So, While out on a very fun, and very foggy early morning ride this morning, I have noticed that we are kind of considered the outlaws of the water. I was ways away from any fishing boat on a giant lake and very courteous to all boaters. I was following a boat that was doing about 40 ( I was doing 22-30 mph ) and a boat that was like 80 yards away doesnt even mind the 20 foot boat but stands up and starts flagging me to slow down! I thought that was hilarious and I showed him exactly how fast my ski could go I have also had another person in a party barge pull my stake ( just a piece of wood I found ), toss it in the water and then they pproceededto drag my ski up on the beach! I hadnt even seen these people or their boat before as the lake is 17 miles long and 2 miles wide! ( that guy was lucky I didnt sink his boat! ) I talked to another guy that was on a jet ski and he said we are considered "outlaws" of the water and people dont like us. Anyone else have any experiences like that?! Oh, that nice gentleman that pulled my ski up, I got him with a sweet roost in his uncovered party boat I know it only provokes but still. Had to be done! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Resq View Post
    I have also had another person in a party barge pull my stake ( just a piece of wood I found ), toss it in the water and then they pproceededto drag my ski up on the beach...
    You're shttin me.

Curious where were you when that stranger touched your boat...then vandalized it?

Sprayed a roostertail of water at his boat...just soaking any and all on board...that's it?

You're just too danged polite...way too polite.

+1
    Ya, I have people mad at me when we are headed straight at each other and I move right and they don't change course.

I had my wife and 3 year old daughter with me when the guy was down there. He was about 10 seconds away though from getting his teeth knocked to his throat

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq View Post
    I have also had another person in a party barge pull my stake ( just a piece of wood I found ), toss it in the water and then they pproceededto drag my ski up on the beach!
    Whoa...did you see this happen? If not, maybe maybe it was coming loose and he thought he was doing you a favor.

Otherwise, nobody should lay hands on your ski.

I think the attitude of boaters towards PWC riders varies. There are water front hotels in the Florida keys that won't rent to PWC riders; I know of a marina in Sanibel, FL that won't sell gas to PWC's, etc. There are lakes in Maine open to motorized watercraft, but PWC's are banned.

I've had friends simply riding along and wave to a boater and the boater flips them the bird.

In my area (Melbourne/Sebastian, FL), it's pretty good. I've been riding the area for quite a few years and have only seen one problem. A guy and his 8 year old son got dumped off their 94 SSXi. Those are tricky to reboard especially with 2 people. They were in the water struggling to get back on and a 40'+ yacht comes by travelling at least 25 mph, creating a huge wake. Never even slowed down. If I had had a cell phone, I would have chased them down and called the sheriff.

I think with the average age of a PWC owner being in the 40's now, the reputation of being hell raisers on water is slowly going away.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    get used to it.

60%+ of boaters simply do NOT like PWCs....

+1
    its funny because my dad is one of those boaters that hates PWC. he likes to call them watercycles (say it like popsicles but with water.. yeah.. you get the idea)

then the jackass rode my 99 GTXL and loved it. course the moment he got off he went back to his disdain for them. cant make the grumpy ones happy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post
    its funny because my dad is one of those boaters that hates PWC. he likes to call them watercycles (say it like popsicles but with water.. yeah.. you get the idea)

then the jackass rode my 99 GTXL and loved it. course the moment he got off he went back to his disdain for them. cant make the grumpy ones happy.
    lol...at least the cycle was broken with you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Q in Arizona View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liquid chicken View Post

lol...at least the cycle was broken with you.
    hahah oh yeah. i wanted one since hell i think i was around 14 when i saw my first one in bayou vista. 1988 seadoo LOL

Funny. I was talking to a fishing buddy and invited him out sometime to go jet skiing. He was very quiet and then said he didnt want to go because he did not like jet skiers. I kind of chuckled. He said they are horrible in some of his fishing lakes. I tend to agree as there is one lake that I enjoy fishing for kokanee and come June, you dont want to be on that lake. Not just jet skiers, but boats and wake boarders that come very close to boats that are fishing making it near impossible. Nobody seems to discriminate against the boats, just notice the jet skis. The lakes I was skiing, were huge. Like one is 17 miles long by 2 miles wide. We stay away from boats and still get people not liking jet skis! Lol. Doesnt make any sense.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information