Thread: GPR cover

GPR cover

looking for a cover for my ski. IS there anything better than the yamaha cover? Any recomendations?

anybody?

+1
    I guess it depends on how it will be used. Are you wanting to cover it in the garage, or keep it outside? Any cover will protect it from dust. If is staying outside, you will need something thicker. I have seen some out there, no brands come to mind, but I have not seen anything that fits as good as OEM.

it will be stored out side, and not towed when covered.

+1
    You will most definatly need something thicker if stored outside. I would not toe with any cover on the ski. I have the Yamaha logo tatooed onto my wind screen because of that.
    I have a set of skis that stay out in the weather and let me tell you what I did. I found a National Guard armery and went dumpster diving. Got this trick from a freind that was in the reserves. The local one here, has their trash picked up on Monday so they load the dumpster up @ the later part of the week. On the weekend, there is hardly no one around. You can always find cool stuff in the dumpster. Go around 6:00 am on Saturday and on Sunday. I found a rear cover off of one of their duece and a half people hauler trucks. The cover was almost new, just had a couple of rips in it. The thing is made out of some think sh!t. It is 14 foot wide and 18 foot long. I threw it over the whole double trailer and nothing penetrates this thing. It must weight around 100 lbs. I have an Ultra 150 and a stand up underneath and have OEM covers on them, with this tarp on top. The wind can not blow this off since it has straps and hooks all over it.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    You will most definatly need something thicker if stored outside. I would not toe with any cover on the ski. I have the Yamaha logo tatooed onto my wind screen because of that.
    I have a set of skis that stay out in the weather and let me tell you what I did. I found a National Guard armery and went dumpster diving. Got this trick from a freind that was in the reserves. The local one here, has their trash picked up on Monday so they load the dumpster up @ the later part of the week. On the weekend, there is hardly no one around. You can always find cool stuff in the dumpster. Go around 6:00 am on Saturday and on Sunday. I found a rear cover off of one of their duece and a half people hauler trucks. The cover was almost new, just had a couple of rips in it. The thing is made out of some think sh!t. It is 14 foot wide and 18 foot long. I threw it over the whole double trailer and nothing penetrates this thing. It must weight around 100 lbs. I have an Ultra 150 and a stand up underneath and have OEM covers on them, with this tarp on top. The wind can not blow this off since it has straps and hooks all over it.
    Good luck.
    Your not stealing them technically you and I and everyone else on this forum have paid for the tarp since we are tax payers and the government over spends and over charges us in taxes.

Thread Information