Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

C5 or C8 wheel for 91 oct pump fuel with cams and 160mm pump

Hello guys, I am just wondering who has experience and suggestions about the R&D C8 wheel. I recently picked up a Riva 160mm pump and it will be coming with a 15/23 prop. I am currently running the C3/R3 and I was told by numerous people that have used this pump I need more power to pull that pitch. I could always depitch but I'm saying screw it and I want to break into the 80's on my 2012 FX SHO. I have a lead on a brand new C8 wheel that is brand new and it appears to be the last and biggest wheel R&D offered that they claimed can be run on pump fuel with the R3 ecu tune. They also claim I can run stock injectors but I'm not sure if you can safely. I also plan on putting in cams again (RC1, RC2 or NA) and wanted to know how many lbs of boost you guys are running safely on pump fuel, what injectors/fuel system setup and if you guys are getting away with stock internals or not. I know there will be various setup opinions and what not so any info will be taken into consideration. Thanks fellas!!

I have also considered the ET15.5 and ET18 as well so any info on those wheels is also appreciated.

+1
    get the ET 18 wheel

and about using 91 octane fuel you can use it with any kind of boost ,it depends on the timing in your map .

i hope your running a stand alone ecu .

with a 160mm pump your definately looking into the wrong boost level.ENGINE TECH 18 or RIVA 20 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    with a 160mm pump your definately looking into the wrong boost level.ENGINE TECH 18 or RIVA 20 for sure
    My etech 15psi wheel has no trouble spinning the 160mm. I haven't even played with my prop, nozzle or cone. I know I'm leaving speed on the table with out doing so. There are a lot of people that give the 160mms a bad name without spending the time to dial it in. Properly set up, as jerry has shown the 160mm should not scrub speed!

Haven't heard a bad thing about the etech wheels, I'd go with their 18 before a riva wheel. But I want to try and make my clutch last so I'm sticking with the 15.5.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug78 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    My etech 15psi wheel has no trouble spinning the 160mm. I haven't even played with my prop, nozzle or cone. I know I'm leaving speed on the table with out doing so. There are a lot of people that give the 160mms a bad name without spending the time to dial it in. Properly set up, as jerry has shown the 160mm should not scrub speed!

Haven't heard a bad thing about the etech wheels, I'd go with their 18 before a riva wheel. But I want to try and make my clutch last so I'm sticking with the 15.5.

What 160mm pump are you using and what prop and pitch are you using? After talking with a couple guys, it looks like I am targeting either the ET 15.5 or the ET 18. I'm just trying to figure out which of those wheels will be ok with an R3 reflash and 91 oct no ethanol with supporting mods ie: RRFPR, injectors, etc.

+1
    piece of advice , i used an R3 and E1 wheel before on my ski with stoke injectors and my ski was leaning out after 8300 rpm .

if you wanna rev higher than 8300 rpm , you better get bigger injectors , cause the ET 15.5 is much much better than E1 wheel .

you can tell glenn at R&D to make an R3 that can run bigger injectors .

7. +1 by:

14/19 but I am running the OEM pump. I don't need much more fuel, fuel pump would probably do the trick. But I picked up a set of 2014 FZR svho injectors and rail for cheap that I will try this winter.

Glenn seemed to think the fuel pump would be enough and told me the 2014 injectors might not be the best, apparently they are pig rich at idle with little that can be done. I am also running a smaller intercooler than most, so that could be holding me back. (Frozen boost type 9)

The etech15.5 continues to make boost past the rated 15psi. I believe it can get to 18 with enough rpms.

+1
    Thanks for the info Doug! I think I'm targeting the Et15.5 or Et18 wheel. Now it will come down to if I can get away with stock internals and pump fuel on the 18 otherwise I may be going with the 15.5. For the guys with either wheel, what has been your experience with it and what other supporting mods did you go with?

+1
    You should be able to break 80 with the 15.5 (maybe not with that steep of a pitch). I have the ET low boost and have hit 78 with a 160 pump. Still trying to get it dialed in to try to hit 80 with the LB, but my hopes are fading. It is still over 100 here and water is warm too, so maybe I'll be able go hit it this winter.

Getting ready to go out right now and see how it does with the 87mm nozzle and only the thin spacer in the cone.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    I'm going to run a skat 13/18 160mm liner with a low boost wheel, I have a harntime keeping it off the limiter now with a 155 14/24 85 nozzle

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information