+1

Stainless Wear Ring Install Backwards?

I am replacing the wear ring on my Wake 155 with the Riva Stainless version and the exact second I slipped it in, I realized I had forgotten to verify that the arrows on the side indicating which way to install it were in the correct position I have tried to remove it without any luck. Is there a way to know if I got lucky and slid it in correctly? Any issues if it is backwards and run as is? I reinstalled the impeller (didn't torque it down at all yet though) and it seems to fit well with about 0.006-0.009" clearance between all blades and the ring itself.

Also, since I wasnt able to easily pull the stainless ring out, how would I go about doing that in the future assuming the need ever arises? The pump-in-the-freezer worked great with the OEM ring but I cant see it working as well with the stainless ring.

+1
    I got a response from Riva, so I figured I would post it here in case anyone else wants to know the answer.
    ----

If you were able to install the wear ring all the way, there is a 99% chance that you installed it correctly. The wear ring is tapered and will pretty much fall half way in on it's own. If you had it backwards, it would have given you difficulty and you would have had to press it all the way in. I would not suggest trying to take out just to check. Your clearances are good; if is installed all the way, run it.

---

No response about removal of the wear ring, but I found a few other threads showing some tips on that...

+1
    I remember someone's post about leaving the pump in their engine bay and having the engine on for 15 minutes or so. After that u can pull the as wear ring out

Thread Information