32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1

Central Ohio hates jet ski's?

so all the lakes, ive found, near Columbus ohio have horsepower limits and the ones that are unlimited HP have no personal watercraft laws...

unless somebody knows of one i do not...

+1
    I have ridden at salt fork state park for years no issues 1 hour east of Columbus

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Racecar_Dave View Post
    so all the lakes, ive found, near Columbus ohio have horsepower limits and the ones that are unlimited HP have no personal watercraft laws...

Do those power limits apply only to propeller driven boats?

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    ill look into both of those things

+1
    not sure what you mean about 'personal watercraft laws'? Caesar Creek State park lake, near Waynesville, about an hour south of Columbus on 71. CJ Brown Resevoir near Springfield. Also, about 1 1/2 hours south on 23 or 104 is the ohio river. there are marinas at Ohio Brush Creek, and on the Scioto near the Ohio river. River water is beautiful up that way, mostly smooth, since there aren't as many big boats on weekends as there are around Cincinnati.

I kmow it's an old dead thread, but I ride here all the time with no problems. Rocky fork lake about an 1 hour from Columbus, hit me up if you come down, we'll go riding (in the spring)

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Do those power limits apply only to propeller driven boats?
    Saw no one answered your question. Don't know whether you found an answer but the couple smaller lakes I looked at were 10 hp or less on any type of watercraft.

Also anyone looking for a decent sized lake near Colombus with no type of restrictions, I highly
    recommend buckeye lake. Took a 2 hour drive down there last year and was really impressed.

How's Alum Creek Lake?

+1
    If you don't mind a couple of hours driving, come on up to Sandusky Bay. You can start in Fremont and ride the Sandusky River to the Bay and then on up to Cedar Point or just play on the river. In Fremont, you can launch at the Tackle Box. Stay in the marked channel because it gets shallow real quick. The ride to Cedar Point is ~35 Miles and you have over 40,000 acres of water to ride. There are a couple of marinas on the river for fuel or launching, Memory Marina & River Front Marina & Campground. A couple of more fuel ports on the Bay and 2 or 3 in Sandusky & Cedar Point. Bring a GPS because you may need it.

Or, you can start at the other end at Dempsey's Landing, State Owned, and from there you can go up the Bay and River or over to Sandusky, Cedar Point or out on Lake Erie. If you are going to ride the Lake, I suggest at least a group of 2 or more because the Lake can blow up real quick. I've never ridden out to the Islands but we are talking about a group ride with the neighbors, so that may happen this summer. Sandusky Bay can get rough but you can always find someplace to put in. We've had boats and skis come in at our neighbors' docks and have provided gas.

I know this isn't Central Ohio but is a place with plenty of water, is within driving distance, there are places to stay or camp and you won't be playing "Dodge Em" like you do on the inland lakes. You should give it a thought.
    Paul,
    Port Clinton on Sandusky Bay

Thread Information