Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking of buying an '07 RXT

I'm looking to get a 2007 Seadoo RXT. Does anyone have information on how reliable the RXT's are and what kinds of maintenance problems they have. I know the RXT's are faster than the Yamaha FX-HO but as far as the reliability are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other.

Thanks for your help

+1
    Welcome to the forum

Quote Originally Posted by soccer10884 View Post
    I'm looking to get a 2007 Seadoo RXT. Does anyone have information on how reliable the RXT's are and what kinds of maintenance problems they have. I know the RXT's are faster than the Yamaha FX-HO but as far as the reliability are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other.

Thanks for your help

the rxt is ahundred times better looking/faster/everything than the yamaha.....you have to swap the ceramic washers wgicg cost $90 to get it as reliable as the honda tho.....other than that you will be glad you picked the rxt

I just got a red one and so far it's great. I'm still on my 10 hour break-in so I haven't opened it up yet but I think it's a great ski and I plan on having for 4 or more years. The best quality available except for the SC washers which I took care of first thing...Good luck

If the ceramic washers are replaced with metal ones, does that void any warranty with seadoo. Also, is it a fairly easy job to switch them or would it require bringing it to someone to fix. It seems kind of strange seadoo hasn't fixed this issue yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    I just got a red one and so far it's great. I'm still on my 10 hour break-in so I haven't opened it up yet but I think it's a great ski and I plan on having for 4 or more years. The best quality available except for the SC washers which I took care of first thing...Good luck
    opening it up for a few seconds is good during break in, just dont hold it there for long.....it helps seat the rings...you get better power in the long run.

Ive rode the Yamaha as far as ride goes it beats the Seadoo. Its not as fast 61 MPH. Reliability! My buddy has one.And has'nt touched it.If you don't care about speed and and want a good riding ski the Yammie FX Cruiser HO is the ski for you.

Quote Originally Posted by soccer10884 View Post
    If the ceramic washers are replaced with metal ones, does that void any warranty with seadoo. Also, is it a fairly easy job to switch them or would it require bringing it to someone to fix. It seems kind of strange seadoo hasn't fixed this issue yet.
    No, it does not void the warranty at my dealer. In fact my dealer installed them on my old GTX. No problems...

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    opening it up for a few seconds is good during break in, just dont hold it there for long.....it helps seat the rings...you get better power in the long run.
    Yep, I understand....I have opened it up occasionally but not sustained to determine top speed, etc.

Does anyone know typically how long the ceramic washers will last before they fall apart. Does it happen within the first 5 hours or can i get a good 30-40 hours before needing to change them out. I would like to change them out but dont know very much right now about doing that so I need to ask around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information