06 sea doo rxp 4 tec electrical problem

2006 215 HORSE Supercharged. Initial problem: Battery died, I replaced rectifier, battery died again but not sure the rectifier is the problem. OTHER ELECTRICAL ISSUES: 1. Red warning light always on. 2. Low fuel was on, now NO fuel on display even when full of gas. 3. PREVIOUSLY the machine acted as though it needed to be warmed up. Would but would not accelerate for approx. 5 minutes then ran fine. NOW, same problem but regardless of how warm it is, hit the throttle and it just bogs down with little acceleration. You can slowly accelerate to 40 mph, after 40 it bogs down regardless of how much throttle used. to get to 40 you cannot use full throttle, maybe half. CLOSING: The engine is in good shape, full of oil etc. I have checked all cable connections, New battery, New rectifier. Essentially the machine is useless. My question is, is this a simple replace (xyz) part or is part of a more complex issue, replace the entire electrical system ? Or is it an electrical problem ?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    you need an experienced tech to unravel what's going on

to get help here, focus in on ONE issue and then work your way thru.

so...

let's start on the charging system

get a _good_ voltmeter...

read battery volts at standing..then start engine, read battery volts at idle then at 5k rpm

report back with the numbers and we can go from there.

nothing else is important a the moment, having the battery charge while the engine is running is step one....

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KEN TODD View Post
    2006 215 HORSE Supercharged. Initial problem: Battery died, I replaced rectifier, battery died again but not sure the rectifier is the problem. OTHER ELECTRICAL ISSUES: 1. Red warning light always on. 2. Low fuel was on, now NO fuel on display even when full of gas. 3. PREVIOUSLY the machine acted as though it needed to be warmed up. Would but would not accelerate for approx. 5 minutes then ran fine. NOW, same problem but regardless of how warm it is, hit the throttle and it just bogs down with little acceleration. You can slowly accelerate to 40 mph, after 40 it bogs down regardless of how much throttle used. to get to 40 you cannot use full throttle, maybe half. CLOSING: The engine is in good shape, full of oil etc. I have checked all cable connections, New battery, New rectifier. Essentially the machine is useless. My question is, is this a simple replace (xyz) part or is part of a more complex issue, replace the entire electrical system ? Or is it an electrical problem ?
    ECU, & coil packs are going bad.
    Change the coils first with known good ones, and see if it helps. The fuel display problem is your ECU. I just had the same thing happen to my 07 RXT. I was getting all kinds of beeps, and codes, Also thinking the battery was dying, and not charging, but it was . I thought the fuel pump was dying, due to power loss, and throwing low volts codes. It did finally die on the way back to the ramp, and would not restart. Would spin over fast, and had weak spark, but would not run.
    Once I changed the ECU, the fuel display came back, but would only sputter once in a few trys. I changed the spark plugs, and topped off the battery, and would still not run, until we changed all 3 coil packs, then Bam, Runs great again. hope this helps.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=218691

Thread Information