Insurance claims

Anybody get their machine damaged and have insurance but the shop doesn't want to communicate with the owner, adjuster, appraiser etc.?

+1
    You need a new dealer!!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    Totally agreed

I had an 08 GTI SE and i hit a rock or deadhead(still not sure what i quite hit frankly) but the dealer i went to worked quite well with my insurance company.....I told the dealer i wanted a write off after i looked at it and the dealer was more then happy to help me.

Once again thanks Tiny! He IS a new dealer! Just took over the Sea Doo dealership from a failed dealer. And this new guy is exclusively a BRP dealer for everything BRP sells and is 30 minutes away. The one I was going to was 1 1/2 hours one way. Damn. It just seems insurance stuff is too difficult for them. This one was told by the adjuster to take it apart and give him an estimate. That was last week. I called the shop today and they had no clue. I'm thinking WTF, did you pull the ass end of the drive off and just shove it in the back of your shop's yard and wait for God to tell you what to do? It's simple. A wear ring and an impeller. I coulda carved an impeller from a big rock by now!

+1
    Insurance claim for a wear ring and impeller? Maybe this kinda thing is why our rates are so high? I reserve use of my insurance for theft, fire, major accidents, and of course any type of liability... maybe i'm missing something...

Quote Originally Posted by wkuadam07 View Post
    Insurance claim for a wear ring and impeller? Maybe this kinda thing is why our rates are so high? I reserve use of my insurance for theft, fire, major accidents, and of course any type of liability... maybe i'm missing something...
    You're missing a lot. I have a rock between my impeller and ring. And a gouged hull. I've been paying for insurance for 12 years and have made 3 claims. All legit. I can do it but I never have on an iBR boat. And I won't. I have 12 months left on my BEST warranty. BRP has refused to cover legit work under my BEST and I had to file a complaint with the attorney general to get it resolved so it isn't wise for me to do it and get the line that I've voided the warranty. I know I can legally but I don't need another battle. And I want it fixed right by an authorized shop. MY RXTX is the year that had bad engine alignment. Which has been fixed. And the rock probably didn't affect the alignment but I don't know. So, this isn't a bullshit claim. Savvy now?

+1
    Where do you live???

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    Where do you live???
    MA

Thread Information