Fine tuning slip

I am looking to dial in my SC slip and wondered if I can use a combination of Riva HD spring washers and OEM? When I used all the Riva HD's, configured how they suggested, my slip was way way too high.

Also, as long as i have at least two of the same washers () can I play around with others until I hit my target?

I'm looking to support a 137 wheel, so (15/16 psi) - 1:1 ratio on lbs slip moment.

I would really like to use all the Riva HD's if I could.

+1
    try different configurations first, if that doesn't work, lightly sand the L-collar a couple passes. repeat till you get it where you want it.

+1
    Also speedfreaks cnc makes different size collars to fine tune the slip .....

+1
    If you sand the L-collar go easy.....a little sanding goes a long way. Have a spare collar on hand, just in case!

6. +1 by:

+1
    It'll help when trying to get that high of torque if you can get some of the old style collars which were thicker. I might have a couple if you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    It'll help when trying to get that high of torque if you can get some of the old style collars which were thicker. I might have a couple if you need one.
    Star

I'll come back if I need one, once I played around with the set up and used enough swear words! Cheers

+1
    Speedfreaks collars are the cats nuts, real easy to set slip and no sanding or shims required, well worth the cost and wait .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tornado34 View Post
    I am looking to dial in my SC slip and wondered if I can use a combination of Riva HD spring washers and OEM?YES You can... When I used all the Riva HD's, configured how they suggested, my slip was way way too high.

Also, as long as i have at least two of the same washers () can I play around with others until I hit my target?

You need to have the washer on the nut side facing toward the charger along with the one facing the thrust washer so those are the only 2 that need to stay in that position,other than that you can mix and match and change the configurations around as need be as long as you keep the two outside washers facing the charger...nut[()()(

I'm looking to support a 137 wheel, so (15/16 psi) - 1:1 ratio on lbs slip moment.

I would really like to use all the Riva HD's if I could.
    Martin,PM replied too BUT just in case you didnt get it yet eres a little insite on some configurations:

Yes you can mix and match the Riva spring washers with older ones if need be to achieve slip..There is also a few other configurations you can try first before mixing and matching as is:

nut[(())(
    nut[())((
    nut[()))(
    nut[((()(
    nut[()(((
    nut[()()(
    nut[(((((

Try these configurations first,and if need be you can use some of the older ones if need be...As far as Nicks collars..I LOVE them,they make setting slip a breeze.I highley recommend getting a set..

Thread Information