+1

How hard is it to instally a clutch on a Supercharged Yamaha?

Just wondering if I ever have to replace a clutch on an FX Svho, what is involved and how long should it take? Do you have to take the engine out of the ski to accomplish it?

+1
    Most likely if it's your first time 3 hours start to finish, you do not have to take the motor out of the ski. I do suggest the r&d clutch tool to save you some time and a headache getting the crank bolt off and on. Also first drain the oil, tilt the ski back and put a rag under the oil pump if you don't want oil in the hull. You need to take out the airbox, supercharger, oil pump to get to the clutch

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CARLRRE View Post
    Just wondering if I ever have to replace a clutch on an FX Svho, what is involved and how long should it take? Do you have to take the engine out of the ski to accomplish it?
    Here you go read this link for your answer http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130451 Tommy Jordan

+1
    i got it down to a 45 minute job you must drain the oil, and make sure you pack a heap of rags on the floor of the hull for the bolts you WILL drop. its not hard, just use a mirror and a good torch and remember there's a bolt inside of a hole you will need a long hex key to access, if you have a small rattle gun you can whizz the clutch bolt off with that then there's no need for the tool, just remember its left hand thread. be careful when putting the case back on the front that the orange o rings from the oil pump dont get nicked, it happened to me and within minutes i had a full sump of fresh oil swishing around the bottom of the hull.

+1
    Thank you Bcspaint, Tommy Jordan, and Slap~YA for answering my questions and the link to the thread on changing the clutch. My skis clutch took a crap at 28.5 hours and I have no idea why it did it. I spent a whole day riding around 5000 rpms or so on cruise control. At the end of the day I punched it to just feel the power and there was nothing there. NO B oost. Would not rev past 5900 rpms. Put ski on trailer and took the breather off and I could spin the supercharfger in both directions. so I know what that ment. I took it into the dealer and hopefully they are going to warranty it. I have the Riva breather on it with a Fizzle intercooler too. Ribbon delete. Ecm is still stock. Do not wave jump the ski at all. Just cruise and make top end passes and only have made a few of those. Really bummed that the clutch failed so soon.

+1
    That really sucks mate, I Cant say ive ever blown one, i just upgraded from the 09 Clutch that had 90 super hard hours on it to the new style just incase. Its pretty much a gamble you either get a win or you dont but at some point your gonna lose some money.
    Hopefully the dealer will warranty it for you, saves a heap of time and coin at your end.

Think of it as a early upgrade. If u fix it now, you won't need to do it again.... If I bought used SHO I would even run it before replacing. My clutch lasted 260 hr, but I've seen them go bad as soon as 10

Thread Information