Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice anyone

Advice anyone

Some background on me, I bought my first Superjet new in 1990 and still have and ride it. I also own a 2003 GP1300r and a 2008 FX HO. My GP is moving on to greener pastures and I'm looking at new and used Waverunners. I think I've narrowed it down to either an FZS or a FX SHO. On paper the FZS is smaller and lighter than the FX SHO but the motors appear to be the same. A couple of questions for everyone, is there any positives or negatives for either model. Is there a model year I should avoid or a model year when major changes were made? e.g. The change from ordinary fiberglass to nanoXcel? Last question, do you think it's worth the cost of waiting and buying a 2015 FX or FZS so I can have the RIDE control system? Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions you can give me.

+1
    Your questions are quite subjective! But I'll give it a shot from my viewpoint.

From all that I've learned on this forum, the FZS would be better/faster on glass while the FX would be better in the chop. I got the FX because my big plan was a trip to the Bahamas. But the ski performs just fine on glass, too. I think another thing is that the FX has more storage space, cruise control, no wake mode, and cup holders. I don't know which of those features the FZS has, I'm sure somebody will chime in soon!

The main thing that SeaDoo had that I would have liked on my Yamaha was the iBR system. Now we have RiDE so I may just have to upgrade when I can.

+1
    Coming from a gpr myself I have never regretted buying my fzs. That being said If I was to buy a new yamaha ski today I would buy a 2014/15 (I could care less about the ride system)

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    The saying is "I COULDN'T care less" If you could care less then you really care.....

Sorry for the hi jack....getting that saying wrong just bugs me for some reason.........

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquaholic6801 View Post
    The saying is "I COULDN'T care less" If you could care less then you really care.....

Sorry for the hi jack....getting that saying wrong just bugs me for some reason.........

Actually it can be used either way. But I know what you mean I feel the same way about people that say hi jack when it's hijack 😉

+1
    ^ it actually cant be used either way, you either care or you dont..
    i say buy one of each and we will trade out and see which one either person likes best, "i could care less" which one i get to keep LOL ( i want the fzs)
    i dont think the ride system will matter much.. its more of a newcomer thing to the sport.. if you are used to not having it, i dont think the addition will benefit that much.. unless you really like parking your ski.

+1
    You should have them adjust the Oxford English dictionary than...

+1
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_v...you_might.html
    Good explanation. I'm with r33pwrd on this one.
    Sorry, I don't know much about the new skis

+1
    Riverjet where are u located? I bet you could find a local member than would let you ride their ski... Any members in my area are always welcome to a test ride on my ski!

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Riverjet where are u located? I bet you could find a local member than would let you ride their ski... Any members in my area are always welcome to a test ride on my ski!
    Thanks for the great responses everyone! I do realize that my question is subjective but just wanted to hear the opinion of others who might have found themselves saying, "Damn, I wish I would have bought a 2012 model instead of an 11' because of this feature, or a bump in HP, or etc, etc". It doesn't seem like there have been any major changes in the FZS & FX HO/SHO line since around 2008. The big change for 2015 is the "RIDE" system which sounds like an answer to Sea Doo's ibr. As a long time rider and old school advocate, dynamic braking would be nice but not necessarily a deal breaker for me. I'd certainly like to try it before I bought to see if it would be worth the extra expense of buying a 2015.

I loved our GP and it was my preferred ride but a couple of things I won't miss about it are the smaller fuel tank, the higher fuel consumption (compared to our FX) and the minimal storage. I know, I know, the GP was a performance ski but I bought it before I had a family. So now I'm shopping for a Panamera instead of a 911.

I found what appears to be a decent buy in my area, a 2010 FZS with only 43 hours and a single trailer for $8900 firm. KBB says the average retail dealer price to be about $8000. I haven't made contact yet to get any details. In contrast, I contacted a local dealer and his offer for a 2014 FZS is $14,500 out the door. That includes a $500 rebate. As a 2014 model, it won't have the RIDE system. Decisions, decisions!

I live in the central part of California. I'm also a member of a couple of PWC Meet-up groups and could pose a request for a ride or at least an opinions rom group members. Too bad there won't be any demo days until next summer!

Again, thanks everyone! I liked what I read!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information