Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

SHO Alarm with check engine an limit mode upon starting

First post for me. I'm in need of sum assistance. I live on the big island of Hawaii an use my ski primarily for fishing. I have a 2008 SHO fx cruiser. This ski has never let me down. But I'm having a issue with the check engine light with a alarm an motor limited to mayb 3000 rpms. When pressing start button the yellow led for the unlock signal lights up an than starts beeping an flashing check engine light. I got it to quit out of this alarm by letting gauges clear down after turning ski off. An than turning ski back on I got it to run normal. No alarm no sputtering full power no smoking or overheating. Ski ran fine for about an hour. As soon as reaching back to ramp. I turned ski off an went to load ski on trailer an it went back into alarm mode with same symptoms. Just wondering If anybody could help me out. I don't want to use ski because I go alot of the time solo 6-7 miles off shore in rough waters an need to have trust in this ski to getting me back home. Any help is greatly appreciated. Mahalos

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Put lanyard in bump starter,don't start push and hold mode button I believe it will display the trouble code let's us know it and we can yell you how to proceed

Sound like a reverse switch problem.

+1
    Okay thanks. I'm at work now so as soon as I get home ill try that out. Ill also look into the reverse cable.
    How does the code flash on the display?

+1
    Check your battery and battery cables to be sure battery and cables are all good and tight. Tommy Jordan

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Ski went into limp mod because alarm came on that is why you could not go over 3000 rpm, and once you turned it off it reset everything and then it was fine when you restarted it and went. What you need to see if it happens again is if it also shows a temp indicator or low oil pressure indicator with it. If not turn ski off right away and hold the display button for 10 seconds and it will display the code.

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Throttle body did that to me before then one time it just clicked and didn't trip code

+1
    Okay just got back home. I put lanyard in an didn't start ski an held down mode button for 10 seconds. I hope I read post right. But nothing happened. I turned on ski with hose hooked up an of course for the first time this week it doesn't want to throw the alarm. I also installed a brand new battery in ski an have de-ox on terminals. I installed battery one week prior to this happening. I checked voltage on battery by starting ski on hose an at gas station an both times checked out fine without alarm. As soon as I put ski into water an started it alarm went off. It seems to throw alarm more consistently in water. The next day following issue it threw alarm everytime I started it without hose hooked up in garage an now 5days later no alarm in the garage. I however pondered on this ski beeping at me at ramp for awhile an there was no other symbols popping up other than check engine symbol.
    So if ski throws code again I can turn ski off an hold mode button an read code? How is code read on dash? I hope I'm not swearing in this forum but I did own a turbo Honda aquatrax an code was read thru led on dash. Solid steady blinks than followed by fast blinks. Is code similar to this? Mahalos guys for all the help greatly appreciated. I hope I make sense

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Bump starter to get display woke up then push and hold mode display button

808Sho

My 2011 SHo went into limp mode a couple of weeks ago, I thought the engine may have been overheating as we had been riding pretty hard and then pulled up a for min or two and the got the warning and limited to 3000 rpm when I went to take off. There was a lot of rubbish in the river that day and I gave it a good flush out and been out twice more now without incident. Be sure no to run it for more than 10 secs without the hose. On my FX I had to hold both botton on the dash for 10 seconds before I got the error code display. it showed 01 which is normal so I guess I have to wait till the issue occurs again like yourself.

Good luck,

Dave
    FX SHO and FX HO

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information