Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva scom , & r&d reflash

Hi guys ? I installed a riva scom had two rides on it , f1 code came up so disconnected it fixed the problem
    Question is I have a r&d reflash 3 coming next week do I have to get another scom or the reflash will over ride it and work with out it ? Thanks

I have a couple R&D reflashed Ultra 300x ECUs and neither of them have the limiter removed. A SCOM is needed in addition to the reflash.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    I believe any reflash that requires to still needs you run a SCOM is the most stupid thing for the customer to except ....the price is high enough to do the job correctly.

there are REFLASH's out now that are priced better and DO NOT NEED a SCOM

JMO

Waz

4. +1 by:

GZA

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    I believe any reflash that requires to still needs you run a SCOM is the most stupid thing for the customer to except ....the price is high enough to do the job correctly.

JMO

Waz
    I agree the limiter should be removed with the R&D reflash products. The 'other' reflashes weren't available when I needed mine. If the OP hasn't purchased anything yet I would recommend looking into the others.

+1

JMO

Waz
    VTECH ,Lauri Eho and R&D are doing reflashes maybe someone AUS. You guys know who...

Vtech does not require a SCOM override but recommend additional cooling lines ,Eho not sure,R&D though you need the SCOM I personally feel safer with ,it's a safe reflash which gives you even greater acceleration as long as it's on 93 pump gas,I have over 40 hrs on the SCOM/reflash and are very satisfied..

Do I ride and risk it as hard as Craig Warner or Pastorello,obviously not but for a little weekend grudge racing ,and river trail riding it's a great safe combo with a long term proven performance team (R&D )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtripp View Post

JMO

Waz
    I agree the limiter should be removed with the R&D reflash products. The 'other' reflashes weren't available when I needed mine. If the OP hasn't purchased anything yet I would recommend looking into the others.
    I agree, any current re-flash should NOT need a SCOM

there is no way in hell I would want to spend $700 ish dollars and do a whooping 68mph yipeeee

+1
    I always assumed the R&D Reflash would have the override in it. I can't believe you still need the SCOM. Willing to bet the Kspeed reflash is a standalone unit. By the way Waz, you were right on the Kspeed SCOM. If anybody needs a Riva SCOM for a 2014 310 ECU I have one that's got 5 minutes on it.

+1
    Poppa Dawg;24I5637]I asumed the R&D Reflash would have the override in it. I can't believe you still need the SCOM. Willing to bet the Kspeed reflash is a standalone unit. By the way Waz, you were right on the Kspeed SCOM. If anybody needs a Riva SCOM for a 2014 310 ECU I have one that's got 5 minutes on it.
    The Kspeed reflash is just a reflash of the OEM ecu but its just done with a version of software that allows for all the parameters to be changed as they see fit..... not just fuel and timing tables like most of the other current retailers....

I know because I run it

And that SCOM Doug works on ALL 300/310's platforms unlike the others....

I knew it would do what u needed

Waz
    Last edited by sirbreaksalot; 09-27-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Thanks guys for the reply , the r&d reflash is done and have it next week at my door ,
    not happy with the riva SCOM as I lasted 2 rides , and set the SPSE sensor off , disconnected it and fixed the problem thinking of getting the r&d SCOM as it a plug in one and doesn't run the battery down
    if you guys know of any think better , I'm all ears thanks again

+1
    Get a jetski world one trav

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information