Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GTi155 or Wake155 your thoughts please

Hi all

New to the forums and about to buy my first ski.

I like both the Wake155 and the GTi155 skis and are undecided which to buy so would appreciate your comments..

We are a family with 2 kids so plan on water ski-ing, using a doughnut and in general taking it away at xmas etc
    However I also want to set it up for fishing..

Your thoughts

Thanks in advance

+1
    Welcome to the forums, I'm sure people ride both will help you make a choice.

+1
    Not a whole lot of difference between them, I wouldn't pay more money for the wake. The 155 is a great motor and good on fuel)

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    they are the same ski, so weigh up if you will get value for money out of a pole, ski module and wake board carrier most that have used ski mode and the pole love it! they both have the same hull and motor etc.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    they are the same ski, so weigh up if you will get value for money out of a pole, ski module and wake board carrier most that have used ski mode and the pole love it! they both have the same hull and motor etc.
    Sorry guys stick to the facts they are not the same ski the gti has a flatter hull shape were the wake is the same as the gtx 155 that I have and has the S3 v shape hull excellent for rough and smooth water. I would and did spent the extra money. I rode a git 130 as a rental and got the bug i had a 30 min ride and had sore arms shoulders and leg for 3 day. I spent a day out on my gtx with S3 hull and was not sore at all as the hull took the beating not me. That is the facts anyone one who has ridden both would tell you the same. By the was cost me 460 to put on ski pole and 350 for rack. You don't need ski module

+1
    The S3 hull on the wake and GTX is very good for the chop however the lfi hull (used only on the GTi range) is much livelier and much more fun (if you like messing around: spin-outs, drifts, 360s, 180s, etc. etc.). I use my GTi130 for towing (wake, ski - mono and twin and inflatables) and it's really good as well as plenty of stunts and generally messing about (don't do straight line cruising, not my style) - the GTi155 is possibly a better choice of power. The wake is obviously purpose built but like the GTX not as lively due to their S3 hull - all depends how you ride.

Take one of each for a ride and you'll know which one suits you better.

+1
    For 2015, the GTI /GTR & Wake 155 use the same hull. The GTX, RXT & Wake Pro 215 use the S3 hull. S3 obviously better in the chop if that's what you need. Good luck !!!

+1
    I didn't know that for the 2015 - in that case without doubt I'd take the Wake155 - great fun when you're not towing and the tow mast helps non-experienced skiers get out of the water easier

Hi guys. Thanks for your input.

I have the option of buying a new GTi155 or a Wake155 that is 9months old with 60 hours on her and is very spotless. I can also get the wake for 2k cheaper so Im thinking the wake might be a better buy...

I beleive the GTX155 and the WAKE155 have the same hull?

THe GTi has a smaller hull?

Your thoughts and thanks...

+1
    The Wake 155 has been based on the GTI hull since 2009.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information