Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Seadoo sound systems!

Hey guys, I would like some tunes on the water. Maby just use my iphone with a set of marine speakers installed instead of a head unit.

Only thing is is I have no idea how to do it!

Im in quite good with car electrics but I'm thinking if I run it off the skis factory charging system it might be abit much for it and cause things in the charging system to fail etc....

Ive seen videos on YouTube of them installed with an amp but I can't seem to find out how they connected the power source. I'm thinking maby they run a second battery that is not connect to the charging system and maby just give that battery a charge before every outing?

Any by ideas guys

huge ge thanks Fosta

+1
    You have the right idea.. the stock charging system is good for what it is, but it has nearly NOTHING left to run accessories. I still say stay away from stereos if your going to run it to the charging system....

I recently bought a UE Boom bluetooth speaker. one charge lasts the whole day. also have small power station battery unit for cell phone so it can last running speaker. They are also somewhat water resistant as they saw they are designed for the beach. I use some of those plastic tie things and let hang from handlebar when stopped. Sound is awesome. When done I put in dry pouch underneath from storage box. Best thing, NO DRAIN ON SKI BATTERY

Quote Originally Posted by viperbob View Post
    I recently bought a UE Boom bluetooth speaker. one charge lasts the whole day. also have small power station battery unit for cell phone so it can last running speaker. They are also somewhat water resistant as they saw they are designed for the beach. I use some of those plastic tie things and let hang from handlebar when stopped. Sound is awesome. When done I put in dry pouch underneath from storage box. Best thing, NO DRAIN ON SKI BATTERY
    Somthing like this that could run external 3 or 4" speeker a would be awesome! Just charge it up then plug in the speeker a that's bolted to the hull would be perfect! Wounder if anything like that is available?!

the Kicker PXi series amps are very low current draw with built in iPod controls and bluetooth as well with a water resistant remote keypad. Many guys run these with some 3-4" speakers. I have two of them running in my ski with a pair of 3" and an 8" sub and have never had any charging system issues. I just run mine of the stock battery.

Quote Originally Posted by OG1 View Post
    the Kicker PXi series amps are very low current draw with built in iPod controls and bluetooth as well with a water resistant remote keypad. Many guys run these with some 3-4" speakers. I have two of them running in my ski with a pair of 3" and an 8" sub and have never had any charging system issues. I just run mine of the stock battery.
    Really! Have you got a link for one mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OG1 View Post
    Really! Have you got a link for one mate?
    http://www.kicker.com/PXiBT502

+1
    Here's a great thread with plenty of info http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=215264

I'm going to be doing dsteinmann's setup with the 100.2 amp with 5.25 speakers and BT interface receiver pretty soon on my T-X.

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140624_172608[1].jpg 
Views:	458 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	342978Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140624_172620[1].jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	342979
    Misa Ill try and you you some Better pictures when im out on it again this week!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information