Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: covers.

covers.

So, I got the sea doo specific cover when I picked up my ski. It was 225$. Oh, it also has vent holes that fill with water and the material seeps water. I have to store my ski outside and we have just started getting rain. To my dismay, the cover has allowed the footwells to fill with water and the seat ect.... is wet. I have emailed sea doo about the design and all they did was direct me to my dealer for warranty. Well, it is not a warranty issue, it is a design issue. I told them that and they have chosen to ignore. For 225$ I expected a bit more out of a storage cover. What is the point? I understand it is good for towing, but 225$ is a lot for a cover that is labeled as storage cover but only good for towing! Very irritated.

+1
    As soon as your seat fully molds and has black and/or pink stains it will be a warranty issue. This has happened a 1000 freaking times...and never sucks any less every time I hear about it.

So this is a common issue with the Sea Doo covers? I ordered another cover strictly for storage from Empirecovers.com . They are 100% waterproof and breathable. Sucks to have to buy another after spending that much on a cover. I like it for towing and warm weather coverage though. I just wish it was more thought out and waterproof.

+1
    I have a 2012 RXPX and a 2005 RTX both with OEM covers and I RARELY get any water on my skis....

What is your weather like though? lol We had a couple days of rain and there is water all up inside my cover! The vent holes are located just in front of the handlebars, fully exposed to the elements. They are just holes with mesh in them. No covers at all. The back of the ski is all wet from water getting through the material.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq View Post
    So this is a common issue with the Sea Doo covers? I ordered another cover strictly for storage from Empirecovers.com . They are 100% waterproof and breathable. Sucks to have to buy another after spending that much on a cover. I like it for towing and warm weather coverage though. I just wish it was more thought out and waterproof.
    I just ordered an Empire Cover yesterday. Chose it because 1) supposed to be waterproof 2) has a 3 year warranty 3) price.

http://www.empirecovers.com/jetski_c...2011&size=PW-4

Here's a coupon code for 40% off: RM4PWC

I got the deluxe cover for $75 plus $11 shipping.

Amazing shipping lol I ordered Sunday and it's supposed to be here today! I asked them to waive the shipping and they did! My deluxe cover was 87$ total.

+1
    I did a bit of research on Empire covers and found they don't actually manufacture their covers. Appears they're made by Budge Industries, so if there's a warranty problem, I understand they will send you to Budge to work it out.

Once I found out
    Budge Industries makes them, I went to their site and the exact same cover was more money than what Empire charges, so I went with Empire.

Crossing my fingers that this one lasts more than a couple of years. I bought a knock off cover off eBay 2 years ago and it's literally falling apart - turning to dust. Rips more and more every time I move it. Has very bad mildew on the inside, leaks like a sieve, etc.

I really wanted a nice custom fitting OEM cover, but am seeing mixed results on them being water proof and they're pricey.

I will vouch that they are barely "water resistant". I have tried empire covers for my boats and while I had to send them back (they didn't account for the outboard motor cutout) the material was great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Resq View Post
    225$ is a lot for a cover that is labeled as storage cover but only good for towing! Very irritated.
    At first I didn't care about the OEM cover not being water proof, as my 08 GTI could be lifted enough that water would drain out of the footwells.

But with my 2011 GTI, it cannot be lifted high enough to drain the footwells, so that's why I want a water proof cover.

Realistically, it's the sun damage you're trying to prevent, keeping it dry is a bonus.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information