2011 rxt-x 260 pulls to right

Took my friends 2011 rxt-x for a ride today And before this he said it pulled to the right and I said Yes most are like this so if you fall off and the key is still in she only go around and around. But it's something else's, it's hard to turn left (wicked hard). Has anyone had this, is this how the rxt-x 260 are or what's up

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by travis ingram View Post
    Took my friends 2011 rxt-x for a ride today And before this he said it pulled to the right and I said Yes most are like this so if you fall off and the key is still in she only go around and around. But it's something else's, it's hard to turn left (wicked hard). Has anyone had this, is this how the rxt-x 260 are or what's up
    My 2010 RXTX likes to pull to the right a bit as well at WFO. I kind of stopped thinking about it.

+1
    This is NOT correct!

Raise the iBr gate and inspect the entire mechanism for anything loose or that could be binding the steering linkage. Then thoroughly check the steering linkage & cable from the steering nozzle all the way up to the steering bars connection. Check the steering nozzle that is connected to the venturi and the entire pump and mounts.

Hard to turn in one direction is a clear sign something is binding.

I would remove the ibr gate and pump as a minimum and push/pull the steering cable. It should move freely with ease.

+1
    I know what your saying but I've checked mine several times and still I have to hold the left handle bar about two inches down to keep it from drifting right at WFO. It doesn't want to turn hard right...just kind of wants to drift. Generally doesn't really bother me unless i'm on a long run and then I'm having to counter steer. Thoughts?

+1
    Drifting right is common and mine does it also with the R&D grate. Travis said "it's hard to turn left (wicked hard)."

​THAT is not correct and needs to be investigated IMO.

Cool thanks. I know on my rxp-x 255 I have to turn left a bet, but this rxt-x 260 feels like one of its wings are gone. And one thing his Triger response is wicked compared to my rxp-x 255 what would this mean for me. Need to be flashed or need new wear ring or is it the impeller

Thread Information