Highest hour NA motor???

For the past few weeks i have been temp lead mechanic at a high volume rental with multiple location and a ton of skis. Aside from then rental i am partnered with, i have been working 50+ hour a week helping this once catch up....anyhow...There is a vx110 right now, with a motor that has a documented 3580 hour on it....all rental hours.... Never been torn town, no rebuild, no head gasket, no valve job, just oil, fuel and your standard bolt on components (ie tb, tps, cps, thermo sensors, oil pump, and a few hundred spark plugs) .

Motor has been through 4 or 5 hulls and just wont quit. Ill post photos in the am. many of the others have over 2k documented hours on them, lord only knows whats been left out....these vx motors are the best damn engines ever...too bad the ski doesn't really appeal to the consumer market.

Anyone else have a silly high hour NA motor???

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412021919.848815.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	342997
    Late 2011 motor, 170 170 175 175 impressed

Dallas , Texas
    3580 hours...all I can say is WOW !! no one will beat that !

Central Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    these vx motors are the best damn engines ever...too bad the ski doesn't really appeal to the consumer market.
    That's a good report on the 3,850 hour unit. Yamaha refers to the VX line as "the boating industry's all-time best-selling personal watercraft." So I think they appeal to the consumer market quite well, but not so much the enthusiasts market, because of the top speed. Our neighbors took my advice and bought a pair of them couple years ago and they run the crap out of those things. Very low maintenance, they just keep going.

Siesta Key, Fl
    Yea I have met a good number of rec riders with the VX's. Those that crave speed & performance would not look at them but those that just want to cruise around with low fuel cost and high reliability they love them. And hell I see them at just about all the rental places.

Slidell, La.
    I bought a VX for my daughter and I have to say...I LOVE IT. It's just so peaceful going for an actual ride and not searching for speed and worrying about anything. If I had the room, I'd have another one. By far, the most enjoyable pwc I've owned.

A ski with over 100 mile range is impressive no matter how you look at it. I've spent thousands of hours working on these skis and they are kinda my favorite also. After all i have made a living over the past 10 years from them. and currently have two businesses that revolve around them. They really DO take a lickin and keep on ticking...I guess there are plenty of people that don't need to go 70 mph everywhere they go....i personally don't even drive our SHO much over 50...I mean its fun to drop the hammer and fly more of a taking it easy and seeing stuff. There is so much in our waters, the faster you go, the less likely you are to ever see it.

There are at least half a dozen other motors with over 2000 hours on them as well....I see a lot of late 2011 and early 2012 motors that have flipped over their hour meter twice.

these skis on the beach tho, get ran anywhere from 4-8 hours a day sometimes 10....and then they get ridden up it, like you see in Jamaica and then drug up on shore with a dolly/truck...then they get dropped on the ground...coincidentally this location was my very first job in key west almost 10 years ago...

Thread Information