2010 FX Cruiser SHO just died on the water

Hi all,

I have done a search of the site but I haven't found anything directly related.

I have a standard 2010 FX Cruiser SHO that I was out riding today up the Bribie Island Passage and about 30 minutes into the ride I lost all power and electrics. She just stopped dead in the water with the dash not showing any signs of life. About the only thing I could get to was the battery to check the terminals and they looked clean and felt tight. As I was still in mobile range I made a quick call to my dealer to see if there was anything else I could check out on the water and all he could come up with was catastrophic engine failure. Given it is a low hours ski I felt that he was getting a bit ahead of himself.

After getting the ski a shore and back home thanks to the local marine rescue I couldn't revive any of the electrics with the remote. I checked the battery and it was showing 12.85 volts. I unbolted the connections to the battery and reconnected and found that I got the dash lights back. It then turned over for about 10 seconds but wouldn't start. The dash lights went out again and I haven't been able to get them back despite disconnecting the battery a number of times again.

This was the first run of the ski for the season. She is normally garaged and has a ctek charger connected to look after the battery.

Anyway I looking for some ideas of what to check next. Are there any known issues with these skis with these sorts of issues?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff

Banned User
    +1
    Last edited by Rocketman; 10-09-2014 at 09:55 PM.

3. +1 by:

Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

But in the meantime I've just got back down to the ski and pulled the fuse cover off. It looks like the right 20 amp fuse has blown. Any quick tips to what would cause this fuse to blow?

bilge pump

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by passement View Post
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

But in the meantime I've just got back down to the ski and pulled the fuse cover off. It looks like the right 20 amp fuse has blown. Any quick tips to what would cause this fuse to blow?
    that fuse supplies the rectifier and the main and fuel pump relay.

+1
    Try another battery even though you see surface voltage from the battery looks good I bet if you read the battery voltage with the starter button pushed it wii fall way down to almost no voltage. My .02 cents says it it a bad battery with a broken cell tyebar in side the battery, Tommy Jordan

+1
    I agree, put in a new battery.

Thread Information