Thread: 1994 750 ss

1994 750 ss

Having an issue with the power while the PWC is in the water. The motor runs great when I turn it before I get in the water. When I get into the water it runs good for a little bit but then it bogs down. After 15 minutes it looses all power almost, I can coast it back to shore. I'm not sure if these engines run like a boat and suck up water to cool the motor down but is that an option on this type of PWC? I notice on the parts it has a water muffle option, but I wasn't sure if that was a big thing to look at for this reason or what.

Any help would be appreciated...slowly starting to happen to my 93 xi as well. Starting to think there is a crack somewhere on the water intake if its like a boat, but didnt want to take it apart if it isn't worth looking at

+1
    Sounds like you're not venting the fuel tank properly. Try loosening the fuel cap a little, but be careful not to get water in it.

Might also be an exhaust leak filling the engine compartment with fumes, but I don't think it would run that long.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Sounds like you're not venting the fuel tank properly. Try loosening the fuel cap a little, but be careful not to get water in it.

Might also be an exhaust leak filling the engine compartment with fumes, but I don't think it would run that long.
    How do u fix the problem of the fuel tank to vent? I dont want to loosen the cap and chance water getting in the fuel...

+1
    OK, try riding it until it acts up, then stop and loosen/tighten the cap and ride it again. If the problem goes away temporarily, you have a venting problem. (Hell, half of these things have cracks in the fuel caps).

There is a vent line that goes through a valve and exits out the handlebar pad.

Thread Information