+1

North West Georgia (acworth)and so on?

Well guys, [/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']I been really thinking of moving to this area for a while now. Where I would be looking is very close to Lake Alatoona. I was wondering how this area is. I love living in south Florida and having the ocean and the great weather. But I think it’s time maybe to move and live better money wise. Here in south Florida (Broward County) with my house taxes and insurance together I could be paying another mortgage it seems. Being 27 I know I’m doing great for myself but I just think it I moved I would be living better. I think I would finally settle down and ask my girl to marry me and pop out some kids. It just seems like here in south Florida all you are working for lately is paying for your house so I’m asking you guys what would you do. Leave a place that you basically grew up and still have the same friends since 5th grade. And move to a place that you don’t know anyone and start your life all over. I mean my sister lives there so there is at least one family member and it’s only about 9 hours away from where I live now. Would you give up the ocean for a lake? And the weather and eye candy for trees and lakes. But live better life money wise. I believe. Any input would help. Have you yourself just decided one day to put your house on the market and pack up and move to another state? I mean I don’t have problems paying for anything here in south Florida just feel it I moved to ga I could be saving more and be able to not think about money so much and settle down. [/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/font]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks for listening[/font]
    Last edited by ADAMBOMB; 04-08-2007 at 01:00 PM. Reason: SPELLING :)

+1
    Sorry about the font things. I tried fixing it!!!

If I could afford to, I would leave NJ in a heart beat. WE pay the highest taxes in the country! there is no saving when all of it goes to the house/townhome/apartment/condo/utilites/cable/etc...

I have thought many times to pack up and move, family is pretty much spread out...PR...

ADAMBOMB
    I live north of Atlanta (Cumming), the housing prices and property taxes are great. Lake Alatoona and Lanier are great lakes to ride on. Georgia does have a state income tax so you need to look at that and depending on what you do for a job it may pay less up here but probably not.

I picked up and moved down here from Michigan 15 years ago and have never regretted it. You can ride year round if you get a wet or dry suit, but it will be colder in the winter than Florida.

Matt

+1
    My brother lives in Ackworth and loves it. It is basically a suburb of Atlanta and growing fast. You could buy two houses there for what you pay in S.Fl. and lake Alltonna and Lanier is awesome. I have rode my ski on both lakes. Yes, it has 4 seasons and it was 29 degrees there this past weekend, so I wouldn't call it a year round riding area, but some people might. I bought property in Hayesville, N.C. for retirement and love the area. There is a lot to do in Atlanta for night life. Hope this helps.

Move to DE. Cheap as can be. Hour to everything. No sales tax. Property taxes and prices kick a**.

But, you do have to say you live in DE.

Thread Information