what is the difference between Garrett GT30 turbo and turbo Precision

what is the difference between Garrett GT30 turbo and turbo Precision

+1
    Well Garrett & Precision Turbo are the Manufacturers of turbos. SO what Precision unit are you wanting to compare to the GT30.

Basically other than specific features of the turbo like its bearings, waste gate, etc the real difference between turbo's comes down to the compressor maps and its A/R.

honestly that is not the model presicion turbo was that I got into the page h20xtreme

Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Well Garrett & Precision Turbo are the Manufacturers of turbos. SO what Precision unit are you wanting to compare to the GT30.

Basically other than specific features of the turbo like its bearings, waste gate, etc the real difference between turbo's comes down to the compressor maps and its A/R.
    honestly that is not the model presicion turbo was that I got into the page h20xtremeworld and the yamaha fzr have a kit coming out at $ 5,000 and designs that $ 500 dollars ma s could change the presicion turbo but I did not say the model and wanted to know before you buy which is better turbo

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    I have the gtx3076r very nice turbo. Spools crazy fast. And sounds very nice

+1
    I talked to them when I was considering getting one for my kawi. The precision they are offering is a PT5558 I believe. They said the precision would give you better top end speed than the Garrett but I think the Garrett spools faster.

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    +1
    I dont like the quality of precision. Maybe is just me. I have always used garret

+1
    Precision started out as a Garret Distributer and then started taking the garret parts and installing them in their own housings. Then they went and started promoting how much better they were then the garret line and well garrett cut them off. So they had to start producing there own parts so for a while they had a lot of failures but at least great service to help the customer. This was many years ago. Then about 2 years ago they ran into another issue but have since worked it out.

It really comes down to the engine you are using, what boost numbers you want and where in the power band you want the most power. The Garrett GTX are nice units and have a better mid range power over the comparable sized Precision where as the precision can run bigger numbers with higher output motor. I find the garrett units require a larger unit to match up to the precision and the reverse is true the precision on a smaller motor can make less power then the comparable garrett but if you put the same units behind a larger motor or higher RPM unit the precision will then take the lead.

So it really comes down to matching the compressor to the usage.

Thread Information