Thread: Florida Keys

+1

Florida Keys

Whats up Guys ,Me and my wife head to the keys every year in the summer for a Vaca.Has anyone trailers skis down that way ,i was wondering the best places to store them,Hotel,marina,exc....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Whats up Guys ,Me and my wife head to the keys every year in the summer for a Vaca.Has anyone trailers skis down that way ,i was wondering the best places to store them,Hotel,marina,exc....
    Here's my post about Marathon:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=220339

+1
    FWIW: I do have some trail info for the 'keys at the bottom of this page: http://pwctrailfinder.com/FloridaPWCTrailRides.html

+1
    I would recommend a GPS tracker on the ski's if you do plan on leaving them unattended for any real length of time. While the Keys are much better than S Fl for theft its still a possibility.

The S FL Riders go down to the keys often for weekend trips. Have not had any issues with leaving them at any of the hotels.

+1
    I tow my JetSki every year down to the Lower Keys from NJ. It's a heck of a trip but worth it.

I stay in Cudjoe key, not as inhabited as the keys above Marathon, and isn't silly like Key West.

Lots of things to see and places to go in that area. Out of Cudjoe Bay you can take the trip out to Looe Key Reef, tie up to the mooring bouys, hop off and snorkel. If you wish to stay inland more you can visit Picnic Island, or take the marked waterways through the mangroves from Cudjoe Bay to summerland Key.. All amazing rides. Keep in mind that while the Keys are my favorite place, and is amazing, there is lots of rocky(coral) beaches, so be careful with the Hull. If you wish to enjoy a true Caribbean style beach, visit the sandbars off of Bahia Honda Beach. It's breathtaking, and silk sand. One of the few places in the Keys that are this way.

Have fun, it's a place I wish I could just move too..

+1
    There is a great launch on the gulf side at mile maker 79 you can ride out to the lighthouse at alligator reef and snorkle. just be cool and watch for shallow water and wake zones cause the FWC will be watching but it is still well worth it place is great.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rescue1 View Post
    I tow my JetSki every year down to the Lower Keys from NJ. It's a heck of a trip but worth it.

I stay in Cudjoe key, not as inhabited as the keys above Marathon, and isn't silly like Key West.

Lots of things to see and places to go in that area. Out of Cudjoe Bay you can take the trip out to Looe Key Reef, tie up to the mooring bouys, hop off and snorkel. If you wish to stay inland more you can visit Picnic Island, or take the marked waterways through the mangroves from Cudjoe Bay to summerland Key.. All amazing rides. Keep in mind that while the Keys are my favorite place, and is amazing, there is lots of rocky(coral) beaches, so be careful with the Hull. If you wish to enjoy a true Caribbean style beach, visit the sandbars off of Bahia Honda Beach. It's breathtaking, and silk sand. One of the few places in the Keys that are this way.

Have fun, it's a place I wish I could just move too..

THAT sounds like a trip I'd LOVE to make!

Thread Information