Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Bailers in S3 hull

Have put about 4 hours on my new 14 T-X and I've been doing some reading regarding some of the needed things. Will be installing a bilge pump soon in the next couple of weeks, in the meantime I double zip tied the bailer elbows but I'm trying to figure out how to reach the actual bailers so I can put ss worm clamps on the little suckers. After installing bilge, remove bailers and tubing?

Also, I see some people epoxy the bottom of the bilge pumps to secure them to hull...what if you have to remove it?
    Last edited by Misa; 10-02-2014 at 10:00 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Misa View Post
    Have put about 4 hours on my new 14 T-X and I've been doing some reading regarding some of the needed things. Will be installing a bilge pump soon in the next couple of weeks, in the meantime I double zip tied the bailer elbows but I'm trying to figure out how to reach the actual bailers so I can put ss worm clamps on the little suckers. After installing bilge, remove bailers and tubing?
    I would not worry about putting clamps on them. Seadoo has been using zip ties on them forever, and I have never heard of them coming loose. As far as removing them after installing pumps, No. Leave them in. The factory bailers work very well. A couple of good pumps + the bailers will pumpout alot of water. Dont ask how I know.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Also, I see some people epoxy the bottom of the bilge pumps to secure them to hull...what if you have to remove it?
    Some friendly persuasion with a screw driver will get them loose.

+1
    From searching on here it appears the zip ties on bailers have broken off and could easily sink a ski. If you were to put worm clamps on the bailers how do you get to them? Can they be pulled out to do it? I'm 6'2" with fairly long arms and I can't reach from seat opening.

+1
    I agree, replace them. If you have used something like (WD40) or something that will make the plastic brittle, you will wish you had replaced them. Just for precaution, use metal clamps or get some heaver zip-ties.

+1
    From searching on here it appears the zip ties on bailers have broken off and could easily sink a ski. If you were to put worm clamps on the bailers how do you get to them? Can they be pulled out to do it? I'm 6'2" with fairly long arms and I can't reach from seat opening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    I agree, replace them. If you have used something like (WD40) or something that will make the plastic brittle, you will wish you had replaced them. Just for precaution, use metal clamps or get some heaver zip-ties.
    Sorry, in my 21 years of owning Seadoo's I have never had one break, come loose or any thing else. In 7 years of being a member here I have also never heard of it, but if you want to go throught the trouble of putting clamps on them, then get down on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    It took a minute for this post to sink in. If you have used enough WD40 that it has eaten the bailer and made it brittle, then someone needs to take the WD40 away from you and make you go sit in the corner. Also if the bailer becomes brittle and breaks, then what good does a stainless steel clamp do on the hose that it is connected to????????????? Oh I got it. Lets puty stainless steel bailers in there too!

+1
    my reverse cable holds down my rule 500 just fine

+1
    I would never use WD40 on anything but a bolt to be removed, a stubborn one at that. I use XPS lube, have heard good things about Fluidfilm and T9 though. I can link some of the threads regarding failed bailers/tubes, thought replacing zip ties with something not prone to break apart was a common thing?

+1
    I can link some of the threads regarding failed bailers/tubes,
    Please do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information