Thread: Quick Question.

+1

Quick Question.

Hey guys,

Im new here and I got a lot of good advice when ever I post anything here. I like to thank each and everyone of you for taking time to get back to me.

I just have a quick question about my ski.

Were going to visit a few island's south of Bahrain this weekend. (for those of you who don't know Bahrain, its a small island in the Middle East right next to Saudi Arabia. The sea water is filled with salt the weather is very humid and hot. It can reach up to 100 F at noon even in October, also very humid.)

My question is:
    they probably won't have a jet ski dock there, is it okay to keep my ski in the water over night for maybe 2 days. It won't get out of the water at all. Ill probably just tie it to the boat. Or I mite keep its nose on the beach with the rear of the jet ski in the water. If its okay can you please tell me the safest and best way to keep it in the water. ( How do i tie it?) Like i said I'm new and have no experience, I just bought a 2014 Sea Doo RXP-X 260. Loving it so far, not problems at all thank God. Just hit about 22 hours.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Bluegrana.

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoochris View Post
    I thought the same thing till I seen them in person.. They are Junk. If I recall they loose there tension to draw back into the housing. Find some good ropes and save some money at the same time.

+1
    I love the speed ties, installed them myself as an option on my T-X. Trick is to keep them clean, after every ride I rinse them down and spray some xps lube to keep them soft. No issues. It's pretty convenient pulling up to the dock and just popping out the snap in fenders then tie up and not have to deal with getting out ropes, loping it around, etc.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrana19 View Post
    Hey guys,

Im new here and I got a lot of good advice when ever I post anything here. I like to thank each and everyone of you for taking time to get back to me.

I just have a quick question about my ski.

Were going to visit a few island's south of Bahrain this weekend. (for those of you who don't know Bahrain, its a small island in the Middle East right next to Saudi Arabia. The sea water is filled with salt the weather is very humid and hot. It can reach up to 100 F at noon even in October, also very humid.)

My question is:
    they probably won't have a jet ski dock there, is it okay to keep my ski in the water over night for maybe 2 days. It won't get out of the water at all. Ill probably just tie it to the boat. Or I mite keep its nose on the beach with the rear of the jet ski in the water. If its okay can you please tell me the safest and best way to keep it in the water. ( How do i tie it?) Like i said I'm new and have no experience, I just bought a 2014 Sea Doo RXP-X 260. Loving it so far, not problems at all thank God. Just hit about 22 hours.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,

Bluegrana.
    It won't hurt the ski at all if you leave it in the water, especially if you're using it every day. You should tie the ski so that the nose faces the incoming waves, wakes, etc. This usually means the nose of the ski faces out towards the water and the back is then tied to a tree on land or something like that. If there are two regular boat docks, you may be able to tie the front of the ski to the far end of dock #1 and the back of the ski to the shore-side end of dock #2 in a diagonal fashion. There are multiple ways to secure your ski.

+1
    If leaving overnight, tie it up from the actual bow/stern tiedown points. I use this method instead of using handlebars or grab handle incase the ski was to sink. These points are stronger and make sure to use good bumpers between ski and dock/boat.

+1
    If you decide to tie it to a boat I would use the side of a boat if possible, I know the back of a boat might offer the easiest access but there are usually more things which might cause some cosmetic damage, things like trim tabs, outdrive or swimming platform. Always keep in mind that the wind might change direction or get stronger while you are away or sleeping.

+1
    I realize there is not enough time to purchase these for your trip, but this is my next purchase:

http://www.looprope.com/

The difference between the looprope and bouyrope is that the bouyrope is heavy duty and designed for larger vessels; otherwise the loop rope should suffice for PWC's.

Walmart online has a set of 2 for $31.00 and free shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LoopRope5L...PROPE/38473633

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    Walmart online has a set of 2 for $31.00 and free shipping.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LoopRope5L...PROPE/38473633
    That looks real handy. perfect for two skis on one anchor.

+1
    An automatic bilge pump wired directly to the battery is the smartest mod you should do and would give you piece mind overnight.

This is an old but goody thread and has a lot of great ideas: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79658

Thread Information