Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

New member, first post here

Hello all,
    I recently picked up two non-running 2002 XLT 800 Wave Runners and trailer on the cheap ($1500 for the whole thing, including covers in excellent shape, both with about 140 hours on them.) One required a new CDI, one required a new top end. Took the ignition off of the one needing the top end, put it on the other, bam, running ski in about 2 hours.

So my project for this winter is getting the other one up and running, and after looking at some of these posts, I want to fish off of it too... the skis are so much easier to dock and launch than the boat ( Chris Craft 262), plus much more economical.
    My favorite fishing is drifting for bluecat on Truman, anyone drift with their PWC?

Has anyone used this PWC for fishing?
    I'll be building a rack for a livewell off of the back.. is there an easy, non permanent idea for keeping the pisser from spraying the pack consistently? I want to make it very easily removable, as my wife and I pull our kids on the tube a lot and I think the high spray attracts more attention and ultimately keeps us safer from other traffic, so no permanent solution. Or is the cooler mounted in a way that it doesn't interfere with it?
    Last edited by DanSquires; 10-03-2014 at 02:16 PM.

+1
    Hello and welcome to the hulk. Yes very easy to eliminate the Gay Spray pisser out the back of the Yamahas. IThe easy way is remove the hose ... then plug the connect tube on the nozzle with JB Weld. Done it really is that simple.

+1
    Hey a LOZ guy, cool. Where abouts? We're located near Warsaw, have 100 acre farm at turkey creek.
    I don't want to get rid of the pisser, I use it to torment my wife/kids/parents/friends spraying them with it when horsing around.. my mother gets super cranky when I spray her when we're riding together .

+1
    This is my build for my 2001 Yamaha SUV. https://www.facebook.com/cary.carter...0098084&type=3

+1
    Hello Dan squires, I live on the lake. About 1 mile east of the Hyway 5 bridge out of Camdenton on the way to Greenview. On the 2 mile marker of the Niangua. I grew up on this lake and live only 300 ft from the house I grew up in. My home town is Camdenton. I am always looking for new riding friends. I am the only rider from the lake that races CC in IJSBA .... I know , you would think a lot more Ha . About your spray pisser ... you can install a valve system that allows you to turn it off @ will.

+1
    Hey Dan,
    Welcome to the Hulk and to PWC Fishing in general.
    I think your Yammy will work fine for lake fishing unless you hook into some of those REALLY monster blues. LOL
    Personally, I used the pisser on my Yamaha to fill and aerate the livewell/cooler. I can drop the cooler and simply hook the hose back up to the nozzle in a few minutes if I want (but I only use my skis for fishing) so YES it is easily done. OR you could simply install a ball valve before the nozzle and switch it on and off at will if that is your preference.

+1
    I used the ball valve on our suv and like it alot. I like having the pisser when towing the kids for a little extra visibility. Turn it off when thr rack is on, if it is causeing an issue to the twoed person (s). Boards, and even tubes are rarely stright back in the spray.

+1
    Thanks guys for the warm reception!

I'd been giving the ball valve some thought, and with you'z guize's input, that's the route I'm going to take. I am on the same page with you, Echo.. I think the pisser adds visibility, which equates to my kids safety, when out playing on the water... and the ball valve allows me to very easily change it over. And I'll use that ball valve in the very way Rev is advising, us it to fill the livewell (and bait tank). I'll be playing with the design of the rear rack to accommodate a livewell and 4 rod holders, and an insert for the front storage compartment to make a bait tank over the next few weeks, so if I come up with anything fun I'll take some photos.

Fat Rat - the rack looks really nice! I was going to go with PVC, much like that. I made a hoop that bolted down to the two holes in the back of the ski, came up at a 45 degree angle and used Velcro tie down straps to strap it to the handle behind the seat. Mounted up my driftmaster rod holders, thought.. cool, this will work great! Until... I went drifting last Sunday in the boat, and gave some serious thought to just how much abuse the mounts will take from the actual drift (much less the hammering the mount takes when a decent sized fish bites,) and decided the PVC really wouldn't make it beyond a good day. So, I'm copying what I've done in aluminum, and carrying on from there.

OzarkYamMonster - perhaps sometime we'll meet up!

+1
    Ya the livewell feeder is an awsome integration. I used a brass one i found at the big box store cause it was a direct fit, however the handle screw and I think part of the inside is steel and starting to rust up pretty good.(bout 9 months old) I make sure to cycle it when I fluse to keep it moving, but i am going to come up with a different one here soon.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSquires View Post
    Thanks guys for the warm reception!

I'd been giving the ball valve some thought, and with you'z guize's input, that's the route I'm going to take. I am on the same page with you, Echo.. I think the pisser adds visibility, which equates to my kids safety, when out playing on the water... and the ball valve allows me to very easily change it over. And I'll use that ball valve in the very way Rev is advising, us it to fill the livewell (and bait tank). I'll be playing with the design of the rear rack to accommodate a livewell and 4 rod holders, and an insert for the front storage compartment to make a bait tank over the next few weeks, so if I come up with anything fun I'll take some photos.

Fat Rat - the rack looks really nice! I was going to go with PVC, much like that. I made a hoop that bolted down to the two holes in the back of the ski, came up at a 45 degree angle and used Velcro tie down straps to strap it to the handle behind the seat. Mounted up my driftmaster rod holders, thought.. cool, this will work great! Until... I went drifting last Sunday in the boat, and gave some serious thought to just how much abuse the mounts will take from the actual drift (much less the hammering the mount takes when a decent sized fish bites,) and decided the PVC really wouldn't make it beyond a good day. So, I'm copying what I've done in aluminum, and carrying on from there.

OzarkYamMonster - perhaps sometime we'll meet up!
    Dan I don't understand you guys and wanting to spend all that money on aluminum racks. After I built my rack, me and my son hung off the back of the rack. I weigh 325lbs and he weighs 210lbs. I have it tied down with 2 pink ratchet straps. Very Very strong. Also I can take it off and run and play with out being tied down with a permanent rack.
    I think the aluminum is a waste of money, but good luck. Hope you enjoy the site.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information