Winterizing 255hp 4tec?

Its that time of year for me unfortunately, but its my first year having to winterize one of the 255hp motors with external IC.

On the 215hp, i just unhooked the coolant hose going into the top of the intercooler and filled it with antifreeze until it pissed out of the back, fogged cylinders, etc

On the 255hp, whats the best way to get the cooling system run through with antifreeze?

I have a 2009 Speedster 150 SCIC 255hp.

Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    On the 255hp, whats the best way to get the cooling system run through with antifreeze?
    I have an old school water fire extinguisher that with a couple of Lowes adapters, is configured to screw into the flush fitting on the back of the ski. I fill the fire extinguisher with about 1.5 gal of antifreeze and a 1/2 gal of water. Then pressurize the extinguisher with about 100 PSI of air.

Screw the hose into the back of the ski. and start the motor. Empty the contents in the back of the running ski and anti freeze will show up at the exhaust system in about 10 sec. Be very careful to do this away from grass and pets.

Rev the motor a few times and kill the motor. Now remove the restart the motor and quick blow compressed air into the flush hose line. Kill the motor and the waterbox and intercooler are good to go.

Andy

+1
    I got to hand it to the people here...They all create some really exotic contraptions for getting antifreeze into a cooling system on these skis...Bilge pumps hooked to 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze, etc...

Easy way is a funnel with a hose at the end and just pour it into the I/C or cooling passage....Works like a charm and no need to create anything.....Or I also use a garden bug sprayer and let it do the work for me.....

4. +1 by:

+1
    Haha... I agree! I have a bilge pump installed in a plastic tub which can probably hold over ten gallons, it works well and helps avoid spills as I place it under the back. My reason to have contraption like this is that one of the things I have to winterize is a 5.7L V8 with open cooling. Nevertheless it works great on my skis

+1
    I use the pink antifreeze for RVs, no problem with pets or plants.

+1
    I use pink too but it takes time before it comes out through the exhaust on the big v8 motor I need the big tub otherwise I would need double the amount of antifreeze. I do the skis right after the big boat motor is done use my tub contraption since I have the antifreeze in it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I got to hand it to the people here...They all create some really exotic contraptions for getting antifreeze into a cooling system on these skis...Bilge pumps hooked to 5 gallon bucket of antifreeze, etc...

Easy way is a funnel with a hose at the end and just pour it into the I/C or cooling passage....Works like a charm and no need to create anything.....Or I also use a garden bug sprayer and let it do the work for me.....
    I can't reach the water outlet on the intercooler on the boat without a bunch of work, the intercooler isn't in plain sight like it is on a ski

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

I can't reach the water outlet on the intercooler on the boat without a bunch of work, the intercooler isn't in plain sight like it is on a ski
    No worries, you just have to hang upside down...Have done hundreds of boats in my career!!!!!

Thread Information