Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

GPR with 1052 4 stroke Frankenstein

Just for fun and to see what would happen I started a conversion that I thought may be more time consuming but it went together in just 3 days. Will post pics but it went together like PBandJ. 2001 GPS I had taken apart to fix 3 customers ski's. Was trying to sell ski complete but no hits so I made more parting out and had the hull to do what I just accomplished.

Fuel tank and pump is from a 2002 FX140. fill tube was 2 sections 1 was gpr hose the other fx140 hose cut and joined together, bad part had to trim storage box to clear so the hood would not rattle. Fit like a glove just need to extend the tank straps hold down bolts to secure tank.

Mid shaft Hull thru support and drive shaft and pump is from a 2010 VX

Steering extension is from McMaster car ss threaded tube 44mm to get the right swing.

VTS extension is older seadoo carburetor syncro arm. rethread one end to go into ball joint and the other onto vts cable and voila proper length.

Engine is a 2010 vx110 that I had rebuild a while back for inventory so why not. Laid harness into hull mounted the throttle sensor where the old gpr servo motor was attached. Fuse box on the right side just under the right cladding body work. SS Carriage bolts for a smooth look. The factory battery and starter cables length was perfect.

Modified the exhaust on vx motor by removing the restrictor baffle on outlet of pipe. Took out Intake manifold ribbon, Had a set of fx140 fuel injectors, Had a gutted XL1200 Water Box that dropped in like it was meant to be. Used the GPR free flow riva kit that was already installed so the exhaust was done.

Installed motor used 2 shims on rear 1 each on front and motor is aligned.

The only time consuming thing was removing the plastics to fit the 2002 fx140 gauge cluster to the gauge. that took about 2.5 hours the size and trim and support.

Ran first hit of button and sounds amazing.

Took it out today for first time run and it did 62 MPH on GPS. Full tank of fuel 18 gallons and my 310 lb frame to boot.
    Bouncing of the limiter at 61. doing just a little over 8000 RPM. I have read the 8150 is target. But not sure what rev limit is? If I release throttle to just above 3/4 she stays at 60-61 so I am assuming I need more prop than a stock VX110 option. Will post pics very soon. But this was a real smooth conversion
    Last edited by AquaticAssault13; 04-12-2015 at 06:08 PM.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    pics!

Also to any body who have done a ski conversion like this. what would be the best prop pitch for the best speed but not bounce of the limiter. Would like to keep ski in the 8000-8150 range. but I think I am passing it as throttle release and the ski stays at speed but motor sounds more smooth. Not sure of the rev limit sound of a Yamaha ski, Seadoo I know and experienced. Exhaust is real Loud and deep. Sounds like a off shore race boat.
    Last edited by AquaticAssault13; 10-05-2014 at 10:26 PM.

+1
    pics ! - inside and outside

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=92729

that's the link to my build with the HO motor. Id start with either the stock prop or a 14/20 dynafly and depitch from there as needed.

best ski i ever built.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    You are using a 110 ecu? Did you tune it or jut drop it in?

Sean

Had a 2010 ECU laying here so I used that. The ski runs real strong, no issues with idle or throttle response. Going to put in a Fuel pressure regulator and gauge pod to see how stable the fuel pump works and to make a slight fuel pressure adjustment, but would like to keep the revs under the limiter which I think it is close to. The FX140 Gauge is not showing me small rpm count so I am guessing.
    Last edited by AquaticAssault13; 04-12-2015 at 06:09 PM.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaticAssault13 View Post
    Had a 2011 ECU laying here so I used that. The ski runs real strong, no issues with idle or throttle response. Going to put in a Fuel pressure regulator and gauge pod to see how stable the fuel pump works and to make a slight fuel pressure adjustment, but would like to keep the revs under the limiter which I think it is close to. The FX140 Gauge is not showing me small rpm count so I am guessing.
    If you have one it would be worth chucking a wideband on it. I dont know enough about the yamaha tunes to know how your setup compares but I would want to know, especially on a fresh motor.

Sean

I agree completely. After I ran it for 15 min softly I docked and checked plugs and they looked great. So I did another half throttle run for 20 min and checked again and plugs looked great again. So I ran it half to full blast for short 1/8 mile long runs. I would say 5-6 times and then Full out for a mile back to dock and coasted in on a stop engine coast. Pulled plugs for the last time and they all looked light to medium brown. Idles smooth throttle response is good but this is not a keeper for me just to see what It will do. I will be selling once it is right

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HSyH0.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	343603

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information