Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

seadoo gtr215 put up for the winter

Hey guys in march I bought a brand new seadoo gtr215. I have had a busy summer and only got to take it out a few times I have 19 hours on it. I have not drove it in the last month in a half. Last time I drove it I sprayed fogging oil in the cylinders and put fuel stabilizer in the tank. I unplugged the battery and put the cover on it. It's been sitting in storage. Okay my question is what steps do I need to take to get it ready for the winter. I'll probably do a oil change at the beginning of next year. But do I have to pay my dealer 250 to winterize this thing or can I do something on my own. Thanks.

+1

3. +1 by:

Thanks for the video, how do I run antifreeze threw motor. I just seen he had it in a hose?

+1
    Bucket and a hose. Look at the water coming from the pump want wait for it to turn the colour of the anti-freeze.

Is the water sucked up from the bucket then? Or does it need pressure to enter the system?
    I was told I needed a pressure tank.

yes you'll either need gravity or a hand pump to push it through the system.

We have ethylene glycol at work it's basically 100 percent antifreeze I wonder if I could use that

+1
    You could, but if it is colorless it would be hard to tell when to stop, the pink boat/rv antifreeze is non-toxic and cheap.

If you go with ethylene glycol make sure to flush it out before going to the lake. Poisonous to fish and neighborhood cats which for some reason like the taste of it.

Quote Originally Posted by wes35 View Post
    You could, but if it is colorless it would be hard to tell when to stop, the pink boat/rv antifreeze is non-toxic and cheap.

If you go with ethylene glycol make sure to flush it out before going to the lake. Poisonous to fish and neighborhood cats which for some reason like the taste of it.
    Yeah we just have tote after tote here so thought I could lift it up on forklift and let gravity flow it. But I may try to find the pink stuff your talking about. And just use a bilge pump. Still haven't decided yet.

question, with a new ski, why not just have the dealer or shop do the winterization? Have you already done the first service? If so, what did that run you?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information