2005 Seadoo RXP - VTS not working, not clicking, no fuse blown.

Hey everyone,

I have a 2005 Seadoo RXP. I recently has someone put a set of buds in my ski and they did a few things. Whilst doing this they noticed my VTS was unchecked and if i ever had any work done it it. I replied NO.

That was a few rides back.. Today I pulled back and my reverse cable snapped, At the same time i noticed my VTS was not working.

I checked the fuse, which was good. Someone said to check if I could still here a clicking noise from the vts. I could not.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

pop open the cover and look for corrosion

Google VTS Seadoo problems. The relays & Reed switch is built into a black box on the rear of the VTS assembly. This item is not servicable. Pull the cover off & check to see if you are getting voltage to the motor wires when you press the switch?? & it is also commom for the Boot that seals the VTS rod to the Nozzle to leak and cause a lot of problems with

I read somewhere, maybe on here, that there's a car electric window motor that is identical. Because it's nothing to do with BRP it's only 10% of the cost!!! Kind of think it was a Nissan or similar from the Far East.

Chicago IL
    On the older two strokes it was a window motor from 95-98 Nissan 240SX but it has to be driver side one.
    Water was always getting in and corroding the VTS, especially before sea-doo switched to plastic clamps on the VTS boot.

I have a working vts from a parts ski if you are interested. I'll give you the entire thing, plug and play for $100.

Thread Information