Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thumbs down Skiworx - Scam Artist Don't buy from him

I've never had such a bad experience in any of my motorsports dealings. We sent "Steve" a motor from an Ultra 150 we had purchased. He was going to rebuild or exchange for one of his motors. This was in May. I said I needed it by June. By the way, I paid some expensive shipping to send it from the west coast. After a few weeks of calling him because he never responded that he had even received the motor, he said yes he got it and would go through it. June came and went with no word from him. I called him several times a week. Then in the end of July he said we would have to send money to finish the build. Well we waited and boy he sure came calling saying he was going to sell our motor if he didn't get his money. We sent it and haven't heard a word. Oh wait, he did call now saying that he is missing parts. It's now October and no motor and he has our money.

Does anybody out there know this guy? I'm going to be calling the authorities there Maryland to see what I need to do to get my motor and money back. I've never been one to bash anybody, but this is a total joke and I don't want people to go through this if they order something from him.

32 Valves To Love! Racecar_Dave's Avatar
    +1
    sorry about that bro. how did you send the money?

+1
    Wow , there was a thread on here called reputable shops he was all over it with people warning to stay away from his shop .Latest iv herd was he mechanic's leans your stuff and sells it, says you never contacted him. after the long months of its not done yet ,Same story he had mine back in the day the whole summer it blew up immediately when I got it back.

+1
    There's been a lot of information posted over the years recommending dealing with other places for Kawasaki 2-Stroke stuff.

Reference one link created by Mal (toomanytoys) :
    --------------------------------------
    Don't buy from Skiworx, see here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...worx-complaint

I for one am VERY suprised that Vinny or Guido from NY haven't paid this guy a visit.

Dave (jetdave56) - I am certain you know Vinny and Guido don't you

Good Luck !!!

Any ideas of what I should do to get my stuff and money back or to prosecute this guy?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 150MT View Post
    Any ideas of what I should do to get my stuff and money back or to prosecute this guy?
    Isn't this classified as Mail Fraud a felony?

Hope you have a paper trail of some kind such as receipts from UPS or FedX and Emails ,texts ,CC statements etc..

Gotta build a case..

+1
    I don't know what happened to Skiworx. He used to have a pretty good reputation, but everything's just gone to hell now. He came on here a year or two ago and said he was going to get things straightened out, but that hasn't happened.

Sorry to hear that he got to you, too.

+1
    I had a guy that ripped me off for $250 on craigslist. Sent him deposit money order and never shipped the part. I called his local police. They had me file a police report locally and forward it to them. Within a couple days they were at his door -gave him 7 days to come up with the money. 7 days later police called with my money. It was only $250 but it was the point behind it. I had everything well documented. Printed out texts - copy of money order- copy of usps tracking showing he received it and paid for it Ect Ect. Try calling his oval police office to start.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    There's been a lot of information posted over the years recommending dealing with other places for Kawasaki 2-Stroke stuff.

Reference one link created by Mal (toomanytoys) :
    Don't buy from Skiworx, see here:
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...worx-complaint

I for one am VERY suprised that Vinny or Guido from NY haven't paid this guy a visit.

Dave (jetdave56) - I am certain you know Vinny and Guido don't you

Good Luck !!!
    the same fraudster Ramon from H20xtreme
    I ordered and paid for it two turbo kit over a year ago
    tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. I hear it all the time
    currently no responses

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    The Skiworx Complaint thread was a sticky, then not, now I see it has been removed. For how long, who knows?

Maybe a mod can explain where it went and maybe they can put up ANOTHER warning for people. We hear of Skiworx ripping someone off every few months.

It would be good if it was a sticky in the Kawasaki Performance section.

Mal.
    PS. The link below is dead... maybe the mods can revive it.
    PPS. No I still didn't get my money back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information