New to the forum and to PWC

As the title says I'm new to both the forum and to PWC's. I work oversea and have been looking for almost the last 95 days for a PWC. I've read and learned a bunch from the interaction here. I'm hoping to find a Yamaha FX HO used that will meet my needs when I return on the 17th. I think I have one I like in my sights. It I'm going to need a few planets to line up and some luck to get it before I get back. I know the newer skis are the better choice but my budget is 4k than another 1k for misc stuff and fuel. I only get about 30 days home at a time then its 23 hours of flight time back to work.

I live close to Fort Myers beach as a matter of fact only about 3/4 of a mile from the boat launch located before Sanibell causeway. So I'm looking forward to the short trip to launch once I buy one.

I'm looking at a 2006 FX HO and right now its listed for $4500. It has 74 hr on it or at least that is what I can see from the reading on the gauge. It has the blue and black paint scheme and looks to be in good shape. I can see that the mat on the back deck I guess you call it is a little beat up. Maybe from climbing on while in the water. As far as the rest of the ski goes from the pictures I don't see anything wrong. Well it doesn't appear to have any grafixs below the handle bar area. Like along the sides of the seat.

I have looked up NADA and it seems to be below what they say it should list for. Anyone know of any issues with that yr model?

I w t to be able to ride myself and my wife around the area and hit some of the local beaches that are not really he'd by car. Maybe be able to pack lunch on our trip. Also would like to be able to pull a tube. From what I have read the FX HO should be capable of that.

As .most of the time will be ridding in the ocean and bay areas I have read where it is nessisarry to wash down after each use and apply silicon to the electrical. How about when I go back to work. I'm gone for about 105 days then back again. Should I winterize so to speak for the time I'm gone?

Well I know I've probably rambled long enough and I need to get back to work. Its almost 2 pm here still another 4 hours to go.

Thanks
    Matthew

Ok so I have made an offer on a 2007 FX HO or at least that is what add said. It has 130 total hours and looks clean. I offered $4200 for it and he has said he will take it. He is also throwing in 4 life jackets and a tow behind 2 person tube. Oh and the trailer included with also. I will not get back into the US until the 17th. Do any of you know a way to send cash or have it put someplace like escrow. I told him that sale would be final when I saw the PWC and was ok with how it looked in real life. here is a picture of the Ski.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00202_h0U4Pp4yptH_600x450.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	343635

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan325 View Post
    Do any of you know a way to send cash or have it put someplace like escrow.
    I don't, but as a seller, when someone says they're overseas and want to use an escrow service, that raises all sorts of red flags. I'm sure you're intentions are honest, but I would proceed with caution here.

BTW, as you probably know, there's some good riding in the Ft. Myers area. I like riding up to Matlacha for lunch at Bert's Bar and Grill.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...a_Florida.html

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	berts.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	343636

No, I didn't know that. We have lived in the area for over 2 years and have yet to get out on the water. This will be our first time. I say our, because my wife will be joining me. I know what you mean when it comes to overseas and escrow. I just work here I live in the US...lol I spoke with the seller on the phone and explained what I did. He also has been here but in another part of the country. So I think that is all on the up and up. Thank for the responce.

+1
    I won't escrow/ send a dime. With the overseas, escrow, sale before viewing talk it sounds fishy already. Wait until you get back, look it over with a water test and pay cash in hand. Anything else sounds like a scam.

+1
    Sounds like a heck of a deal at $4200!

Quote Originally Posted by leejax01 View Post
    I won't escrow/ send a dime. With the overseas, escrow, sale before viewing talk it sounds fishy already. Wait until you get back, look it over with a water test and pay cash in hand. Anything else sounds like a scam.
    I spoke with the seller on the phone and he is going to hold it until I get there. He was here last year and was a contractor like myself. Funny how small the world is. Now it's just time to wait. That part sucks..The last 35 days out of my 105 I work here GO SO SLOW...But I guess it gives me time to read up on how to maintain the ski. Speaking of that if it is going to sit for 105 days and then be ridden what do you think I should do to store it. Should I store as iff I'm putting it up for the winter or just give it a good wash and flush and leave it at that? It will be kept in the garage while not in use.

Thread Information