Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What are people using for rental units?

Just wondering what people have seen, used or own for rental units?

I think a VXR has a little bit too much power for giving them to in-experienced riders, but I have ridden a VX deluxe and it felt a little bare, not sure how it may hold up in bigger water.

Thinking about a rental company like I'm sure many other people. I would bring my FZR, plus a fleet. So it would be nice to have all 1.8L's... but I think having less power in the VX would cut down on fuel costs, and initial investment.

+1
    I believe a VX is the norm when it comes to a Yamaha rental.

+1
    I mostly see VX's but I did see a couple Seadoo GTI's in Savannah this weekend. Crab Island in Destin also rents GTI's
    Last edited by Ski Hacks MG; 10-07-2014 at 10:36 PM.

+1
    go yamaha vx 110hp (or the 2015 v1), is the safest bet , less cost , less fuel , less maintanence , more reliable and less things to go wrong.
    go with a standar hull vx ( not nanoxcell) nano hulls dont like beaching as most rentals do. they tend to open on the bottom with time on the beach, and they are nearly unrepairable. the vx hull non nano will outlast the engine.
    hope it helps

+1
    +1 on the VX. Some freinds of mine rented some in FL that they said were limited to something like 45 mph. Not sure if those have an L-mode on them, or if the rental place installed something to limit them.

Your insurance wont insure a customer on anything that goes over 55 mph...fuel costs on a 1.8lt fleet would sink you the first week you opened.

VX delux is the ski you need and one FX for a guide/chase ski. Depending on the size of your fleet you might need two guide skis...

Ive been doing this for almost 10 years now, and if can offer you one bit of advice, you need a really really good mechanic and glass man. If you can swing it, get new skis. Hope you are ready for a lot of looong days and bustin ass.

+1
    We use vx and Seadoo gti 130s. Like kwtony said insurance is a large factor. We use rental programmed lanyards on the Gti's to bring them to 99 hp and riva speed reduction kits on the vx's. The faster they go - the more they get tore up and the higher the insurance is. Keep plenty of spares on hand. Impellers and wear rings are our number 1 issues.

After well over a decade of being in the industry, I'd have to agree with the boys who have commented above .. But like old mate said, avoid the nano shell hulls .. I wouldn't trust them any further than I could swim, which isn't very far ..

Alright, sounds good to me save a few bucks on initial purpose. I'm seeing a lot of failures in the SHO/SVHO in all categories which concerns me for the famous yamaha reliability but I'll keep an eye out for results for the new machines (doubt they are changing much for them)

This project won't hit the water for a while still.. just in the research stage right now.

I will probably be bringing my FZR (09, 78 hours) buying a larger patrol/rescue/guide machine. Probably a VX HO just to carry gear and go from there.

Thanks for all the input lads!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by E.v View Post
    Alright, sounds good to me save a few bucks on initial purpose. I'm seeing a lot of failures in the SHO/SVHO in all categories which concerns me for the famous yamaha reliability but I'll keep an eye out for results for the new machines (doubt they are changing much for them)

This project won't hit the water for a while still.. just in the research stage right now.

I will probably be bringing my FZR (09, 78 hours) buying a larger patrol/rescue/guide machine. Probably a VX HO just to carry gear and go from there.

Thanks for all the input lads!
    Swap that last ski for an FX HO , much better if loaded with gear or 2 or 3 people , and faster and better riding in chop

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information