+1

GGrrrrrrr Polaris Undersized Battery

So what happens when your battery goes weak and the engine seems to crank just fine?
    Well the ignition system made by PVL freaks out and the back firing begins, LOUDLY!!!!
    Not only did it pop the exhaust pipe off the exhaust manifold but it took out the ole' coupler. Man does it look like it caught fire.
    I decided it was time for a change and fit a Bombardier size battery in my Matrix. A little foam cutting and NO problem with fitment. 510 cold cranking amps instead of 300, niiiiiice!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cablerub.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	562.3 KB 
ID:	21183  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    So what happens when your battery goes weak and the engine seems to crank just fine?
    Well the ignition system made by PVL freaks out and the back firing begins, LOUDLY!!!!
    Not only did it pop the exhaust pipe off the exhaust manifold but it took out the ole' coupler. Man does it look like it caught fire.
    I decided it was time for a change and fit a Bombardier size battery in my Matrix. A little foam cutting and NO problem with fitment. 510 cold cranking amps instead of 300, niiiiiice!!
    When I was at your house today, I thought you were going have people guess what happened to it?

got any othere carbon bowties ?

Thought I was the only one who put bowties on all of their toys! Funny how picky that PVL electrical system is...The battery on my Harley is slightly smaller, and it's never had a problem starting that big twin.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    When I was at your house today, I thought you were going have people guess what happened to it?
    A lot of the guys don't follow the "guess what happened to it" threads (although they are my favorite) so I wanted to be sure others know just how important that fully charged battery is, especially on a higher compressioned, PVL ignitioned craft.
    Beside we have plenty of "guess what happened to this" threads coming up, now don't we Mr. Kevin??

+1
    The carbon fiber bow tie has a funny but sad story to it.
    Our little Avi club has been wanting ONE thing that brought us all together and we decided it was going to be a carbon fiber bow tie.
    Well after about a year, a bunch of failed attempts, and crappy products, one of the members here at the GH decided he could whip these out for our club.
    Well, the product is nice BUT not cost effective to produce. The cost and time to make the product escalated....................long story short, that's the only one made.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

backfire

when my pro did that it caused one of the jetworks balls to stick and running it didn't unstick it.needless to say it burnt a hose coupler at the stinger while on the water

+1
    That's good to know! I actually ran it a little ways before it completely burst and had no over-heat issue BUT I'm going to pull them apart and have a look see. I also removed all of the pipes and checked every coupler hose, all the others look killer.

Thread Information