Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Pump Cone Removal

Hi guys

Picked up a new Pump cone from Worx for my 2011 FX SHO but it came with NO instructions and could not find a post so its either so simple or rarely removed. To me it just looked like you remove the 3 hex bolts in the cone and it should just fall off, but mine is stuck solid - how far do I need to strip the pump down to get the cone off or just it just require a bit of a tap?
    Any help would be much appreciate as what I thought was a 10 minute job has now taken me much longer and been googling stuff on how to remove the pump.

Thanks

Dave
    FX SHO 2011

+1
    There are 2 little cut outs where u can gently pry the cone off with a small stumpy flat blade screw driver.

Great thanks Orange FZS. I guess I will still need to take the steering nozzel off to get at the cone as its a bit tight in there.

Dave
    FX SHO

+1
    Can you post up some photos to help the next person? Please.

+1
    You need to take off the exit nozzle. Very easy to remove. Pop off quick disconnect trim connector, remove steering cable, remove siphon hose, pop quick disconnect on reverse bucket. Remove curtains, bracket & 4-bolts.
    Last edited by Lakeside518; 10-09-2014 at 08:34 AM.

+1
    [ With reduction nozzle removed it should come of with some prying there is a 'O" ring holding it tight in housing be sure to transfer "O" ring to new cone. Tommy Jordan

7. +1 by:

Great thanks Guys.

I was able to remove it once i got the other pieces off, now just got to get it all back together without have any nuts and bolts left over.

Thanks

Dave
    FX SHO

One more thing.

I noticed the new pump cone (Worx racing) is not symetrical, as its longer than stock is really noticable but really hard to tell if the stock one is symetrical or not. This is important as it makes the water flow slightly up or down depending how you mount the cone - I made a best guess but thought I better ask which way it should go before I put the reverse gate back on.
    Was a great day here in Sydney and looking forward to getting back on the water with my new mods. I also purchased an upgraded air filter and the manifold sleeve to remove the ribbon. Also going to do the Tommy Jordan exhaust mod so cut away the rubber bits today while I had good access around the pump.

Thanks

Dave
    FX SHO

Thanks
    Dave

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spi200 View Post
    One more thing.

I noticed the new pump cone (Worx racing) is not symetrical, as its longer than stock is really noticable but really hard to tell if the stock one is symetrical or not. This is important as it makes the water flow slightly up or down depending how you mount the cone - I made a best guess but thought I better ask which way it should go before I put the reverse gate back on.
    Was a great day here in Sydney and looking forward to getting back on the water with my new mods. I also purchased an upgraded air filter and the manifold sleeve to remove the ribbon. Also going to do the Tommy Jordan exhaust mod so cut away the rubber bits today while I had good access around the pump.

Thanks

Dave
    FX SHO

Thanks
    Dave
    You want it to curve up if it has a curve. Then make sure there is enough grease in there as well. I added a little 80w gear oil to help the bearings.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantjopplin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spi200 View Post
    One more thing.

Thanks

Dave
    FX SHO

Thanks
    Dave
    You want it to curve up if it has a curve. Then make sure there is enough grease in there as well. I added a little 80w gear oil to help the bearings.

Yes! The "point" of the original pump cone isn't centered in the nozzle opening and by mounting the new pump cone with the curve facing up, the "point" will be centered in the nozzle opening once it's reinstalled which should result in a smoother flow of water. I switched the cones on my '10 FXHOs to the R&D ones and the "point" is now perfectly centered in the nozzle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information