Thread: Winterizing

I recently purchased a 2006 VX 110 Sport. I live in an extremely cold climate and am concerned about potential freeze. Nothing I have read mentions anything about adding anti-freeze to the engine, that the engine should self drain if the bow is elevated and you hit the throttle a few times. I'm not comfortable with that suggestion! Yesterday I tried pouring anti-freeze thru the flushing port but I'm not sure any of it got into the block, it seems to have flowed directly out thru the jet nozzle. Comments? Thanks.

Spend a couple hours searching the site.
    It's all here.

Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Pinch off line going back to pump.....water goes to least resistance then get a hose and funnel and stand on back of ski and get high up over ski pour antifreeze in and it should go through cooling system and push remaining water out

Erie, PA
    I have a 2012 same as yours and it gets below 0'F here. I have a plastic storage box about 15"x24"x4". I pour 4 gallons of antifreeze into that, set in a shallow pickup sump pump, and put it under the nozzle and ride plate. This size container catches all but a few drops that come out. I made a short hose to go from the pump to the flush out fitting. I start the engine, turn on the pump, wait until the antifreeze get warm as it's being recycled, and then off with pump, then engine. I take the antifreeze and save in a 5 gallon plastic bucket with lid for next year.

Thread Information