Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo RXP-X 12" - Motec M130

Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on a Motec M130, as I am repairing my ski over the winter here in the UK due to a leaky inter cooler which caused the TB to lock completely up and few other sensors to fail (Jerry will probably be getting a few orders for parts shortly, I noticed one was posted today ). As my ski is out of warranty, as here in the UK we only seem to get a 2 year warranty from Seadoo I thought its time to a upgrade.

I have read a lot of reviews and Riva Racing Athena, which seem to be problematic from what I have read. I've also read a lot about the Motec M130 and it seems to be held in high praise, so seems the most logical choice.

However, I do have a number of questions before I add it to the build parts list over the winter.

1. Where do I get the Maps from which are nearest my current level of modification?
    2. Where would the support come from should I need help to correctly tune the ski, as here in the UK Motec dealers are very few and far between and most wouldn't know how to tune a ski?
    3. Tuning the ECU Map for my build, is this just a case of hitting the water with a logging mode enabled?
    4. Whats needed for the logging mode, do I need to buy any thing extra?

I appreciate its a lot of question and some may see them as a bit silly but I want to make sure I am making the correct choice before buying.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by RXP-Andy View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking for some advice on a Motec M130, as I am repairing my ski over the winter here in the UK due to a leaky inter cooler which caused the TB to lock completely up and few other sensors to fail (Jerry will probably be getting a few orders for parts shortly, I noticed one was posted today ). As my ski is out of warranty, as here in the UK we only seem to get a 2 year warranty from Seadoo I thought its time to a upgrade.

I have read a lot of reviews and Riva Racing Athena, which seem to be problematic from what I have read. I've also read a lot about the Motec M130 and it seems to be held in high praise, so seems the most logical choice.

However, I do have a number of questions before I add it to the build parts list over the winter.

1. Where do I get the Maps from which are nearest my current level of modification?
    2. Where would the support come from should I need help to correctly tune the ski, as here in the UK Motec dealers are very few and far between and most wouldn't know how to tune a ski?
    3. Tuning the ECU Map for my build, is this just a case of hitting the water with a logging mode enabled?
    4. Whats needed for the logging mode, do I need to buy any thing extra?

I appreciate its a lot of question and some may see them as a bit silly but I want to make sure I am making the correct choice before buying.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Regarding options, It really takes level two logging to get enough data. You will also need a wideband option.

Motec comes with a base map. Once the ski is up and running, we can dial your ski right in based on what we see in the logs. Most of the tuning help will come form Nils or myself. We work together a fair amount. I an about two hours closed to the UK than Nils.

I had my ski dialed right in in about 5 rides.

Andy

+1
    Thanks for the information, that's also very reassuring to know.

Is this the wide band option?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2100

Also where would be best to install the wideband sensor? It is recommend to install it into the exhaust manifold like the Riva Racing kit?

Thanks for your help.

+1
    Thanks for the information, that's also very reassuring to know.

Is this the wide band option?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=2100

Also where would be best to install the wideband sensor? It is recommend to install it into the exhaust manifold like the Riva Racing kit?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that is the wide band you want! The motec is the best set up you can get!
    Andy & Nils will help you with with your tunes they are top guys and you must get the level 2 logging.

+1
    You have a lot of wideband options( whether you use Your own Afr or use Motec equipped)... I would definately PM Nils888 So He can advise You what to Buy

Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    You have a lot of wideband options( whether you use Your own Afr or use Motec equipped)... I would definately PM Nils888 So He can advise You what to Buy
    As I recall, Motec can log any AFR unit that has a 0 - 5 volt output but will only run closed loop with the Motec wideband.

We can tune it either way.

Andy

+1
    Thanks for all the help guys, I should have enough information now what what to get etc...

As above though, where is the best place to place the wideband sensor? I noticed Riva do sell I kit which can place this on the main exhaust manifold.

Where is the best place to place the wideband sensor? I noticed Riva do sell I kit which can place this on the main exhaust manifold.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...wideband+drill

+1
    my motec uses a bosch sensor
    a stock ski does not need a motec to be tuned correctly
    yes its the best option, but for a stock SC or bigger wheels its just overkill
    a motec map will work with a stock boost or turbo boost

+1
    Interesting, thanks for the updates.

I think I may start with the basic package and then items which are required.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information