Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,532
    +1
    777

    VTECH BRP Datalogger - New/Updated iPhone App

    I plan to be in the market for the VT datalogger but have been concerned about issues with the iPhone 5 support. So, I have no way of testing but figured those on fence or who have this setup might like to know.

    App Version: 3.0
    Updated on: 10/10/2014

    BRPDiag:
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brpd...794890953?mt=8

    FWIW: The Vtech guys are currently in Havasu (world finals) so be extra patient with their support replies...yet are finding the time.
    Last edited by Sanfish; 10-10-2014 at 08:32 PM.


  2. #2
    stuckmoto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Newark, De
    Posts
    1,485
    +1
    59
    I'm waiting to get my datalogger(android version) activated, so thanks for the info..."kinda" explains the lack of response.

  3. #3
    SLASHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Australia, Perth WA
    Posts
    3,263
    +1
    474
    So whished I went to Havasu ....

    but from Australia Perth , it would be closer to go to the moon ...lol

  4. #4
    I support 40 or so company Iphones and IPads. I carry an Android S4 and would never considder owning an apple device. I even have a test IPad at my desk and it almost never gets turned on unless I have to use it for tech support.

    Andy

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,532
    +1
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    I carry an Android S4 and would never considder owning an apple device.
    TIL: Fairly typical of an Android user to turn this into an "iPhone vs. Android" discussion.


  7. +1 by:


  8. #6
    If I have a customer wanting to purchase a VTech logger and he owns a Apple, I normally advise him to purchase an old Android off Craigs list.

    Apples are great prividing you don't want to do work with it.

    Andy

  9. #7
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,532
    +1
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    If I have a customer wanting to purchase a VTech logger and he owns a Apple, I normally advise him to purchase an old Android off Craigs list.
    So this new updated app doesn't work on the iPhone?

  10. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    If I have a customer wanting to purchase a VTech logger and he owns a Apple, I normally advise him to purchase an old Android off Craigs list.
    So this new updated app doesn't work on the iPhone?
    I personally have not played with the new Apple version of VTech. It may be OK. I know several programmers that work in both formats. They cringe when they are forced to to an Apple version. Keep in mind that all my programmer friends are in the data access/logging world.

    Andy

  11. #9
    Sanfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    S/E Florida
    Posts
    2,532
    +1
    777
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    I personally have not played with the new Apple version of VTech.
    This is my other point.

    I'm certainly not going to buy an Android phone just to use the VT data logger.

    My interest:
    1) To let other iPhone/VT logger users know this new version came out
    2) Hopefully, actual users will share their experience

    ps. If the iPhone app for this doesn't work, its ignorant to blame the platform (iPhone).

  12. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanfish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by whittlebeast View Post
    I personally have not played with the new Apple version of VTech.
    This is my other point.

    I'm certainly not going to buy an Android phone just to use the VT data logger.

    My interest:
    1) To let other iPhone/VT logger users know this new version came out
    2) Hopefully, actual users will share their experience

    ps. If the iPhone app for this doesn't work, its ignorant to blame the platform (iPhone).
    it is NOT ignorant to blame the iPhone. It is common knowledge in the programming world that Apple products are a pain in the ass because Apple chose to do things totally differently than everyone else, and force you to pay to develop on the bluetooth connectivity. And force you to use their bluetooth chips. Apple sucks big time.

  13. +1 by:


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2015, 08:11 AM
  2. NEW beta software for BRP datalogger
    By VTECH.SE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-15-2015, 01:22 PM
  3. Vtech BRP Sea Doo datalogger now for APPLE IOS
    By VTECH.SE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 06:24 PM
  4. Getting old broken links to work again with new update?
    By excess in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 10:39 PM
  5. Better call BRP,,,,,,,,their new way out of warranty
    By HOSS in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 08-23-2005, 03:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •