Thread: Jetboard?

+1

Jetboard?

+1
    Over $2K for a toy board that may move 5mph ? LOL

+1
    I especially like the noname pull start mower motor.

+1
    Honda. Looks like it works to pick up chunky chicks.

+1
    O you are right, the color didnt look right so i never zoomed in on it.

ride it like you stole it!!! raceneked's Avatar
    +1
    ...still; beats paddling.

anything WITH a throttle, is better than something without one.

+1
    Try $3k not $2k. So where as the paddle board does not require any registration or the likes now with the dinky little motor you have to have it registered and meet coast guard regs. I assume you will need to have a fire extinguisher onboard. Also how is it classified, do you require a lifejacket now that its motorized. Just one onboard or do you have to wear it at all times like a PWC?

Now looking at the actual design of the engine and box, does it have any drainage? What do you do when it starts raining or you get a rouge wave that splashes over it? The box does not seem well thought out as it just has a straight lip, you would think a slight curve that went out so that and water forced up the side of the box would be deflected back away would make more sense to keep water out.

Now if this was an option on an ocean kayak and only added a few hundred dollars to the cost I could see it being fun for fishing but at $3K I would get a small jon boat and a trolling motor or small outboard.

+1
    Defeats the ENTIRE purpose of getting a ridiculously good cardiovascular exercise from a paddle board lmao

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentShooter View Post
    Try $3k not $2k. So where as the paddle board does not require any registration or the likes now with the dinky little motor you have to have it registered and meet coast guard regs. I assume you will need to have a fire extinguisher onboard. Also how is it classified, do you require a lifejacket now that its motorized. Just one onboard or do you have to wear it at all times like a PWC?

Now looking at the actual design of the engine and box, does it have any drainage? What do you do when it starts raining or you get a rouge wave that splashes over it? The box does not seem well thought out as it just has a straight lip, you would think a slight curve that went out so that and water forced up the side of the box would be deflected back away would make more sense to keep water out.

Now if this was an option on an ocean kayak and only added a few hundred dollars to the cost I could see it being fun for fishing but at $3K I would get a small jon boat and a trolling motor or small outboard.
    The mechanical concerns you point out are the things that made me laugh. I didn't think about long enough to get to the legality issues you speak of. Granted there are plenty of protected waters in the form of rivers and polluted lakes around here, but for the most part when you think of water activities it involves the Gulf of Mexico.

Thread Information