Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First supercharger fogging caused engine to stall?

Help, just fogged my 310 supercharger for the first time today (1 hr on the water). Used rock oil inhibitor. Manual saying fog for 10 secs. I fogged for about 3 and clunk, engine stop and no restart. Any ideas folks??? I am not an engineer but I assume the oil has fowled the plugs and lost spark.. I waiting for a good explanation before trying to restart in case I do any damage.
    Very familiar with the FXSHO but this baby is all new to me. I assume that an engine can stop from fogging too heavily but for 3 seconds? Also the oil was sold as fogging oil but does not say it on the can (Rock Oil Inhibitor), would the wrong oil cause the engine to stop?

Does your engine crank but not turn over? How many hours are on the ski?
    When I spray into the 310 fogging port the engine bogs down for the first few seconds, almost stalling but never does. I took out my plugs last week after 2 engine hours and they have the tiniest tip I've ever seen. I had to look at the website to confirm it's that small. They have some black soot around the white portion, looks like these take some serious abuse by the 310.

Dear Slope thanks for your time,
    That's it! 1 hr on the clock from new, still breakin' her in. This is the first time I've used fogging oil on a motor. My old FX never had it but I believe the eaton supercharger is a lot more prone to seizing (unlike the Yams prone to stripped clutch teeth) I will try to turn the ski over tomorrow and pull the plugs.
    Interesting that yours bogs down a bit, as I was using a new can, and giving it full pressure. maybe I need to be a little more gentle with the oil?

I assume your ski is idling and you've got the can with the long tube stuck into the fogging port right. It would take a lot of pressure to get the oil all the way to the spark plugs, given how tiny the port opening is

Yup, can's tube in the fogging port (looks like a grease nipple near the front seat latch) and engine idling at about 1200 rpm (no throttle) 3 seconds the the starts to struggle and clunk, stops. Had to go to work so will check engine tomorrow and post what I find. I hope I just need to clean the plugs.

+1
    Mate just start the ski the oil wouldnt have fouled the plugs it wouldnt have reached them!! Slope they are irridium platinum they are used to give a longer life been same plug for years.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Mine sometimes stalls with marine fogging oil as well. You introducing an oil into the combustion chamber that doesn't easily burn. If I hear my engine starting to stutter I hold off for a second, engine rights itself, then continue fogging. My SC Blades are looking perfect as well. I did have to clean the inter-cooler once this summer, but it wasn't too bad of a job..

+1
    I believe it stalls more from a mixture starvation that oil foul. Remember the oil has to pass the s/c rotors I/c fins and inlet manifold before it passes valves and combustion chamber

10. +1 by:

Now I know it's happens to other skis then I can relax, its just I didn't expect it. Thanks.

12. +1 by:

too much oil too fast will cause engine stalling. For two stroke engines stalling is usually and indication of complete coverage. I'd take the plugs out and spray the cylinder tops and replace the plugs. I hope you changed the oil before fogging and putting the engine away for the season before fogging.

Quote Originally Posted by puckeredup View Post
    Help, just fogged my 310 supercharger for the first time today (1 hr on the water). Used rock oil inhibitor. Manual saying fog for 10 secs. I fogged for about 3 and clunk, engine stop and no restart. Any ideas folks??? I am not an engineer but I assume the oil has fowled the plugs and lost spark.. I waiting for a good explanation before trying to restart in case I do any damage.
    Very familiar with the FXSHO but this baby is all new to me. I assume that an engine can stop from fogging too heavily but for 3 seconds? Also the oil was sold as fogging oil but does not say it on the can (Rock Oil Inhibitor), would the wrong oil cause the engine to stop?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information