Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

2002 gtx di mpem

My mechanic is telling me that I need a replacement MPEM for my 2002 GTX DI. He is saying that he has checked everything else but still can't get it to fire. Does anyone know where I can get a quality replacement MPEM for a reasonable price? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I have one from an XP DI ten hours on it. PM me if you can use it. The XP also uses an info center so it might work for you.

yeah the xp's and the gtx's both used the same mpem i believe

+1
    Can you be more specific on your problems just to make sure youre not buying an mpem for nothing. Not a lot of people know how to fix DI and most mechanics will not admit they are shooting in the dark

+1
    xp di and the 02 gtx di mpems have different mappings and different part numbers of course.

+1
    I have an rx mpem in my xp now. My old mpem kept making the inside of my red injectors glow. Different part numbers but it works fine. Only thing i would be concerned about is using an 01 and earlier mpem because they had different cylinder ports and injectors.

+1
    The mechanic says he has checked everything else and the engine will turn over but will not fire. I'd really like to find an answer other than replacing the MPEM if possible. I basically got the GTX DI for free because it was not running. It was on a trailer with a 2005 RXT which was running and they came as a pair. I thought I would be fine after getting a remanufactured engine dropped in. It has turned out as needing a lot more work and this is supposed to be the last thing keeping it from running.

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Can you be more specific on your problems just to make sure youre not buying an mpem for nothing. Not a lot of people know how to fix DI and most mechanics will not admit they are shooting in the dark

+1
    Well if you dont have the ski in your possession and are not comfortable with attempting a repair yourself then I suppose you have no other choice then to take his word for it. Hope everything works out for you. The XP MPEM should work for you. Once you get it running I,m sure it will be worth it. Same speed as the 4tec ski that year and it is crazy good on fuel. People hate them but the DI was ahead of its time if you ask me

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    had the DI had any kind of onboard diagnostics it would have been accepted a bit better. Fact was that dealers didn't have enough trained techs and that ski is a great money maker for me, since the dealers don't want to touch them and armed with my candoo, I can typically get them fixed in a few days.

I'd say not for the folks that want a no problem ski. The entire fleet of DI skis are old now and failing and parts are pretty expensive. a new air injector lists for $300

Just this season alone I had two in for an injector problems and a couple in for voltage regulator issues.

ignition troubleshooting is pretty simple in that model, check that the crank sensor is working and swap the ignition coils if you have doubts about the mpem.

The only shops to bring a DI ski to are ones with code readers ( by the way the can do has the ability to fire the spark plugs, air inejectors and fuel injectors with the engine not running..so a pretty good test for the various components involved)

best thing you can do for a DI ski is use a AGM battery.

+1
    honestly those injectors are the only thing I really dislike about them. The cost is nuts. You can rebuild a whole top end for that kind of money. Im in the works of building a pretty stout DI motor so well see how it goes this winter.

I rarely use the diagnostics. and when I do theres always a hundred codes for map sensor and tps failures when there is nothing wrong with them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information