Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Any Florida Key Riders Out There?

Hey Guys, my ol ladies birthday is the weekend of the 24th and we wanted to trailer the skis down to the keys somewhere (anywhere but key west) we live in the fort Myers Fl area. What i want to know is if there are any hotels that we can park the skis on a trailer and be safe, and also see if there are places to flush the motors and so on. Any recommendations?

Florida keys is 130+miles long, but low crime. The further you go away from miami the less chance you have with issues.

+1
    any hotels you recommend? Near boat ramps and things of that nature.

Marriott at key largo (Bayside) They have a ramp & you can park your ski in the lot. They have security I was told.

You need to figure out if you want to go to lower, middle or upper keys. I could go on all day about what ramp and what place and yadda yadda yadda...but its all going to be wasted effort tho, because again...'the keys' stretch out over 130 miles... you need to be more specific on your destination.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post
    You need to figure out if you want to go to lower, middle or upper keys. I could go on all day about what ramp and what place and yadda yadda yadda...but its all going to be wasted effort tho, because again...'the keys' stretch out over 130 miles... you need to be more specific on your destination.
    Thanks for the response guys, honestly I can go anywhere I don't have a specific destination in mind. I am going based on others recommendations. I would just like a place with good security, great riding, and access to a boat ramp. I hate to be vague, but any of the keys other than key west works for me. What do you consider the best place for all the above?

+1
    Banana bay, on site ramp, good security and lots of restaurants on Marathon.

8. +1 by:

+1
    There is a public sorta boat ramp at mile marker 79 on the gulf side great place you can go out to alligator reef three miles out in atlantic ocean. I have not stayed over night since it is a 112 miles away one day easy drive. But have rode out of that ramp many times It is just before the bridge at robbies. Just ride cool and no issues watch for shallow areas and pay attention to warning signs but awesome place. Cause you may not thnk so but the FWC is watching LOL but again it is a awesome place.

+1
    Link on the soflariders site in my sig and you can see the rides we have done from that very place. Hope this helps

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kwtony View Post

Ok we were looking at Bannana Bay but it looks lore like a romantic getaway lol we were looking more for action, Kwtony how about the middle island like marathon or near there, any cool fun hotels with good skiing you can point me too?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information