+1

Hilton Head Island

So I'm planning to ride from Charleston SC to Hilton Head this Weekend anyone one know a good ramp in Hilton Head I can get picked up from that's fairly jet ski friendly? I will be staying in Sea Pines so hopefully somewhere close to there. Also any recommended stop about half way to grab lunch and refuel? Figured I will get on the GPS tomorrow and see what's all in the middle I'm guessing not much.

HHI Ramps

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosguru7 View Post
    So I'm planning to ride from Charleston SC to Hilton Head this Weekend anyone one know a good ramp in Hilton Head I can get picked up from that's fairly jet ski friendly? I will be staying in Sea Pines so hopefully somewhere close to there. Also any recommended stop about half way to grab lunch and refuel? Figured I will get on the GPS tomorrow and see what's all in the middle I'm guessing not much.
    Closest: There appears to be a nice ramp at Hwy 278 (Toll) and Helmsman Way. Looks to be public. It's close to the Black Marlin Bayside Grill. I've never seen it but it looks to be in great shape Google shows it clearly.
    There's another one further away at Hwy 278 on McKay Creek. I see that one each time I go to HHI. Never used it but looks to be wide and in excellent shape.

Sorry but I can't talk to mid run lunch or fueling. I know Beaufort has fuel and restaurants but that's only an hour north of HHI.

+1
    Thanks. I went on and saw a few ramps on the Island apparently the one called cross island ramp is nice. Both of My GPS's do not show anything in the middle basically a 65-70 or so mile stretch from James Island to Beaufort looks baron which is part of the intrigue of this trip for me but also has me a little nervous as its a solo run. I was hoping to not have to take fuel with me but it looks like for safety purpose I may have to just to be safe.

That sounds like a fun trip, I would have to ride with at least 1 more ski just incase something on the ski fails

+1

charleston , HH ride info

did you ride charleston to HH and if so can you give me ramp and places to eat and stay info, thanks Weldon

Quote Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
    did you ride charleston to HH and if so can you give me ramp and places to eat and stay info, thanks Weldon
    Weldon, im from the Savannah area and ive ridden through hilton head a couple of times.

theres a nice ramp right at the beginning of cross island on helmsman way. and theres a nice restaurant right on the same road. as far as hotels, im sure there are plenty in the area. theyre just going to be expensive most likely.

+1
    Anyone wanna ride this weekend in or around savannah/hilton head? Got no set plans, just wanna drive around hilton head or go up to see monkey island. Im down for anything if anyone wants to hook up. Will be there friday and saturday. Possibly sunday.

+1
    only if you are willing to bring my ex-wife out there and bury her in the sand..6' down

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by reactorpwr View Post
    only if you are willing to bring my ex-wife out there and bury her in the sand..6' down
    As I said, I'm down for anything.

Thread Information