+1

Kawa 300 Pulley Kit and R&D Cooling Kit?

Hello All

On here in the store not long ago was a Farthing racing pulley kit for a 300. Does anyone use this on there 300 and what gains did you see? Anyone know why its no longer sold?

Also is there many using the R&D cooling kit? And if so are you seeing any gains? Improvements, apart from being cooler of course?

Thanks.

+1
    The pulley kit was just a beefed up glorified copy of the oem, no size difference so no gains.
    What cooling kit are you talking about.

Banned User
    +1
    And farthing doesnt make/sell the kit anymore

+1

This R&D one. Would be interested to see if anyone here is using it on a 300 or if it was just used more on the older 250/260's as its being sold as fitting all of them.

I love this ski but theres not much around for them coming from Yamaha/Seadoo modded skis. I know theres turbo kits etc but not looking to spend that much on it.

Appreciate your advice though fellas as nothing worse then spending $$$ for F all.

Thanks again.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXP View Post

I love this ski but theres not much around for them coming from Yamaha/Seadoo modded skis.

Why do you need a ton of aftermarket products to satisfy you craving for speed and performance?

Yamaha and Seadoo performance gurus will tell you that this mod "will make you a better rough water ski " and "that will make you handle offshore better" and yes they might improve the skis performance but the Ultra 300/310s stock hull can't be beat and that's the beauty of the Ultra..

The Aussie Kspeed reflash with delimiter seems like a great modification for the price,aftermarket and stock ride plates ,intake grates,props are interchangeable as differences are small and advantages are subject to riders preference ..

Handling mods like Handlebars and steering upgrades ,Sponsons,lift wedges ,grips are again subject to riders preference but are more important as you ride rougher waters and or race CC and improve turning /carving , no stress on the engine either ..

If your looking for an 80 mph speed ball the Ultra maybe not the ski for you,no big deal as former Ultra owners I've read on here have jumped to the FZR ..

+1
    Yep waste of money and not suited to the 300. I really cant understand you guys buying 300s and expecting them to be yamaha s or seadoos
    From memory that kit as only for the I/c of which the factory has oem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Yep waste of money and not suited to the 300. I really cant understand you guys buying 300s and expecting them to be yamaha s or seadoos
    From memory that kit as only for the I/c of which the factory has oem.
    Nah mate it definitely says Kawasaki on the ski. Very happy with it but just doing my research on them as I have never had a Kawa before. My last couple of skis have been low boost set ups with complimenting mods so it is a slower ski but very happy with it.

Would be great if there was a greater availability of reasonably priced options as there are with the Yamaha and Seadoo skis. Thanks for the input fellas.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    spend less than 1k on a ultra300/310 and be at 73-74 !! and reliably

no need to waste money on some of the crap the retailers are peddling

Waz

the kit was such a good seller they pulled it

9. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Double belts are good. That particular kit had idler pulley issues. Birdie says theyll be a new kit w/o those issues soon

Thread Information